Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

steveo3002

anyone running a 8v with aftermarket ecu

id like to ask if i can see your ign map 

my spec is 1400 with mpi , but id be happy to hear from anyone with similar engine , or know anywhere i could ask ? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvderlm

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dvderlm

Try useasydocs.com/theory/spktable.htm ?

dvderlm

Aldon Amethyst 11:1 compression 1263cc 75mm diameter pistons on twin carbs with 5 degrees static advance (on 95 RON fuel)

june2019Capture.JPG.f0d5d8c923933557a76f9ebfc1553e5e.JPG

Edited by dvderlm
steveo3002

hmm similar numbers to what we have ...is that dyno tuned or home made?

mate and mine feels pretty dull 

dvderlm

Homemade. About a year of refining on favourite roads, seat of pants and AFR datalogger plus camera, then backed off a bit at top end  after giving up on Momentum 99 when 95 Unleaded became 5% ethanol too.

Waiting for a sensible knock sensor solution (Speeduino speedyknock?)

http://www.bylund-automotive.com/store/knock_shield.html 

?

Edited by dvderlm
steveo3002

and you feel its better than stock?

mate and myself are messing with our 3f and they feel a bit dull /slow vs a well running standard car 

dvderlm

It is now better than stock.  The stock Bosch Dignition and MAP sensor on the GK could not cope with the twin carbs' reduced vacuum and had a 6800rpm rev limiter (annoying hard cut).

I did try swapping the Dignition quartz crystal for a 7150rpm limit originally with a big Weber twin choke carb, but this was unsatisfactory at light load once 

I moved to twin Dellorto DHLA. Amethyst has soft cut beginning 500rpm below limit.

I'd like the below 1000rpm behaviour to be more linear, that needs a firmware upgrade for a bug fix to v1.84, apparently says Osney.

See also this Imp forum ignition map

dvderlm

It is now better than stock.  The stock Bosch Dignition ( www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_48.PDF page 9 )and MAP sensor on the GK could not cope with the twin carbs' reduced vacuum and had a 6800rpm rev limiter (annoying hard cut).

I did try swapping the Dignition quartz crystal for a 7150rpm limit originally with a big Weber twin choke carb, but this was unsatisfactory at light load once 

I moved to twin Dellorto DHLA. Amethyst has soft cut beginning 500rpm below limit.

I'd like the below 1000rpm behaviour to be more linear, that needs a firmware upgrade for a bug fix to v1.84, apparently says Osney.

See also this Imp forum ignition map