Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

a27996

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me where I'd find the plug connection for the inlet hedgehog? It's not plugged in the wire is just sat there.

I'm trying to sort out my cold start issues and saw this, also need to check if the choke is working and find out how to adjust/fix it. Just replaced carb flange so hopefully no more vacuum leaks

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a27996

• caretakerplus

Top Posters In This Topic

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

I've only just spotted your post, so maybe you are sorted out by now.

It's difficult to say where the connection may be hiding, but it is quite a thick cable (white if I remember correctly - but don't rely on that)

As for the choke, if you CAREFULLY remove the air cleaner top so as not to jolt anything, you should find that, providing the engine is cold, the choke flap should be closed.

If it isn't, look at the side of the carburettor and you will see a black plastic domed cap, held in place by three screws on a metal clamping ring.

Slacken off those three screws and turn said plastic dome very slightly towards the '+' sign - this should close the choke flap. Re tighten the screws.

If you turn the domed cap too far, you will find that the choke will fail to open when the engine warms up, so a lot of patience required AND you need to allow the engine to cool between adjustments, which could be several hours.

If the choke flap fails to open or close, it may be seized and require cleaning/oiling, or it may be that the bi-metallic spring inside the domed cap has become detached, in which case, it will probably just alternate between open and closed without any resistance.

Regards