Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Cigarette lighter replacement

Noah 89 breadvan

Hey. I want to convert my cig lighter to a USB port. Curious whether the power to it is allways on or only when the ignition is on. I’m not sure whether to get ones with lights or a voltmeter on as I don’t want to drain battery when not in use. thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noah 89 breadvan

• bastibum

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bastibum

You can test it. Try the cig lighter with the ignition off. My USB port also lights up, but only with the ignition on. If it has a seperate positive connector for the lighting you should connect it to the same circuit. I actually connected my positive to the positive wire of my rear defroster, so I can flick the defroster switch and be 100% sure it doesn't dain the battery. My defroster doesn't do anything though 🙂 , might get too hot when you run it for too long

Noah 89 breadvan

Thanks. I will give it a teat then. The switch idea is a good one. I might have to copy you haha. Cheers