Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

HEELP WIRE To RELAY GAS PUMP BURN AND WIRING FREE

Hi !

I've a big problem and I hope find some answer here.

So I've move some part to see more and maybe touch something I'm not sure so I prefer ask you. As you can see in pictures. I've found a wiring free black/black-blue like that. It's possible it's connected to the second wiring brown with withe connector ? It's the only free I've found behind the clusters where I've workHi !

I've a big problem and I hope find some answer here.

So I've move some part to see more and maybe touch something I'm not sure so I prefer ask you. As you can see in pictures. I've found a wiring free black/black-blue like that. It's possible it's connected to the second wiring brown with withe connector ? It's the only free I've found behind the clusters where I've work.

And second problem. When I start car, she's dies directly. I've don't listen the pump turning so I've check the relay. It's dead ( blue oxydation) but I've reconnected that instantly I've the connector burn. Just onne cable!  And after retry I've see the pin of relays it's done. He return inside the relay and I can listen some noise inside. But it's possible the relay dead instantly like that? Or it's the cable who I find disconnected?

Many thank for all.

20200816_184739-ConvertImage.thumb.jpg.f85e4e24056d440fc6bc441b8def324b.jpg

20200816_182506-ConvertImage.jpg

20200816_184808-ConvertImage.jpg

Edited by DerbyG40
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DerbyG40

• caretakerplus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

It is quite normal to find wires, plugs and connectors that appear to be disconnected.

Most of these items never were connected to anything on one particular model, but were used on another model - The idea being that the same wiring harness (or wiring loom) can be used on more than one model.

Another reason for these unused wires, is that they are there to be used on a particular level of trim (fog lights for example) but on other levels of trim that do not have the item (as fog lights in this example) fitted, the wiring is just left in place.

There should not be any noise in a relay, other than a 'click' as the contacts close or open.

If the relay is making a buzzing noise, it may be the relay itself that is the problem, or it may be a poor electrical connection, either in the feed to the relay coil, or in the earth (ground) connection - Low battery voltage could also cause that buzzing sound.

If there are signs that the cables or connections have been overheating, then it may be that there is a 'short circuit' or a loose connection.

In many cases, a short circuit will cause a fuse to 'blow' (fail).

Regards