Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

UK Type 86 Register for Mk1 Polo, Mk1 Derby & Audi 50

foreststu

So back in May I had a look on www.howmanyleft.co.uk to see the number of Type 86's (Mk1 Polo, Mk1 Derby & Audi 50) still taxed or SORN'd in the UK - At that time it showed:

Polo N - 17 taxed & 49 SORN

Polo L - 16 taxed & 36 SORN

Polo LS - 2 taxed & 6 SORN

Polo GLS - 5 taxed & 30 SORN

Polo LX - 4 taxed & 11 SORN

Derby S - 2 taxed & 4 SORN

Derby LS - 2 taxed & 14 SORN

Derby CLS - 0 taxed & 1 SORN

Derby GLS - 2 taxed & 14 SORN

I posted this on Facebook and people started commenting photos of their cars or registration numbers as being one of the taxed or SORN groups for each model. This ended up with me making a great big spreadsheet of all the cars and then trying to locate everyone of them. So far the spreadsheet has 224 vehicles to find and I have been able to track down 124 so not bad. I also made a folder where photos of all the cars I identified where cataloged against a reference number in the spreadsheet - super nerdy yes but efficient.

I looked at hosting the collection on here but you can't edit posts after a certain number of days to update missing details etc and Facebook isn't easy for this type of thing as stuff gets lost or becomes out of sequence. 

So in the end I have set up a new Instagram account to host the photos/details. Maybe no-one will ever look at it but I've started uploading to it and so for those interested it is @Type86OC #Type86OC: 

https://www.instagram.com/type86oc/ 

Hope to see some more of the SORN ones back out and about!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foreststu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If anyone is wondering why captions stop part way through it’s because I’ve been put on the Insta naughty step for adding too much similar content in a short space of time so I can’t add captions for

I'm off the Insta naughty step! Captions now updated and a couple of extra UK cars added. enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/type86oc/  

If anyone is wondering why captions stop part way through it’s because I’ve been put on the Insta naughty step for adding too much similar content in a short space of time so I can’t add captions for 14 days. Must just have been too efficient last night when uploading them fuelled by Henry Westons. I’ll sort them when I can.

Edited by foreststu
  • Haha 1