Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Polo 9n3 gearbox advice

unkindlypaper

Hi,

My gearbox seems to be on its way out, unfortunately I have a 9n3 1.6 sport. I wanted to know if I can replace the gearbox with any others from other 9n3 models and engine. I know the transmission code is JHL but that's about it. 

Hopefully a replacement which will just swap right in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unkindlypaper

• Pete1

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a two other codes HXL & LVA with the same overall gear ratio and fitted to the 1.6 77kw BTS engine but my list doesn't break it down to what each actual ratio is, then there are quite a

If you do a 'find on this page' (ctrl-F) for JHL here, you'll discover that the part number for a JHL-code gearbox is 02T 300 057A. (or AX)

If you click on the 'i' button in the last column of information it'll tell you which other group models this gearbox is found in.

HXL-code shares the same part number and was fitted to slightly earlier cars I think, but is certainly interchangeable.

unkindlypaper

Thanks so much more that information.

My issue is that I can find other 02t gearboxes from other engines of the 9n3 but ones for my engine are more expensive and at a  cost I don't really need at the moment. Would anyone know if I could straight swap in any other 02T gearbox for my engine.

nige8021

There are a two other codes HXL & LVA with the same overall gear ratio and fitted to the 1.6 77kw BTS engine but my list doesn't break it down to what each actual ratio is, then there are quite a few others again with the same overall ratio but they have 90mm output shaft flanges and you are running 100mm so you would need to see if the flanges could be swapped to the larger size you need

• Like 1