Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Polo 6R - Headlight Problem (work as DRL, but not dipped beam)

I have a very strange issue with my polo 6r, when the lights are selected to off (0) then the dipped beams come on as the DRL as designed.

When the lights are turned to dipped beam, the lights do not come on at all dipped. All lights come on internally, along with the rear and registration lights.

I have changed the controller switch, tried unplugging the battery so at an end now with what to do next. I don’t have a vagcom cable so it might be the next step. 

Thanks

Edited by luksee2
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luksee2

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an odd one. Have you checked all the fuses?

I haven’t but it seems like an intermittent fault, sometimes it will be fine which makes me think it’s a controller issue. Ill double check all fuses anyway to make sure.

So I’ve figured it out after changing the BCM and headlight switch, turns out it was just a sticking high/low beam relay. Easy fix in the end really just a new relay needed.