Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Gt starter solenoid issue

I'm having an issue with my GT engined coupe S. Somehow my starter solenoid has inexplicably came loose from the starter motor and all 3 bolts have been lost! Anyone know what size the bolts are? Look like m5 but iv no idea what length they are. I don't want to have to get another starter just for the bolts. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nige8021

• Pete1

• caretakerplus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

punch the size into ebay , im sure they have some 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M5-5mm-HIGH-TENSILE-SOCKET-CAP-COUNTERSUNK-BUTTON-DOME-ALLEN-BLACK-BOLTS-SCREWS/111778263523?hash=item1a0680f1e3:g:w5gAAOSwqHFccfZa  they do 30 or 40mm length ones, you want

Posted Images

As the solenoid is item 11, it's either item 13 as Nige said or it isn't the solenoid that's come loose?

caretakerplus

Item (19) in the diagram are the 'through bolts' that hold the starter motor together - If you have lost these, then the complete starter motor will fall apart. If item (13) are lost, then the solenoid will no longer be attached to the starter motor, but may well stay, more or less in position.

Regards

Any ideas where I can buy them new? Google came up with two UK websites but they are both out of stock! 

nige8021

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M5-5mm-HIGH-TENSILE-SOCKET-CAP-COUNTERSUNK-BUTTON-DOME-ALLEN-BLACK-BOLTS-SCREWS/111778263523?hash=item1a0680f1e3:g:w5gAAOSwqHFccfZa  they do 30 or 40mm length ones, you want 33mm so I doubt being 3mm short would be a problem or get the 40mm and cut them down

• Thanks 1