Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Hi all,

got my cbr600 carbs running pretty well on my 6n. Sounds mint and has a fair bit of go despite not having had them tuned properly yet.

just wondering whether anyone has managed to adjust their throttle pedal travel with carbs?

Currently it’s only got about a quarter of its normal travel until I’m at full throttle which makes Rev matching and modulating the throttle pretty tricky.

Thinking of making some kind of adjustable pivot point to bolt onto the carbs, to go between the stock cable and the cable that’s attached to the butterflies.

Are there any off the shelf solutions for this?

cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rusty

• harris.racing

• MikeyMK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if there’s any off the shelf options, I have seen throttle wheels on ITBs which are eccentric so the pedal responsiveness alters, like slow opening for a lot of the travel then quickens up. 

Yeah, the pedal end was the best solution for me - the closer to the pedal's pivot point you achor the cable, the longer travel you'll have.   I don't know about the 6n but on earlier cars t

harris.racing

Not sure if there’s any off the shelf options, I have seen throttle wheels on ITBs which are eccentric so the pedal responsiveness alters, like slow opening for a lot of the travel then quickens up. 

May be worth looking into having something machined to suit, or retrofitting a larger diameter throttle wheel? 

I must admit when I first fitted bike carbs I thought this is terrible, how do people live with such a small amount of travel, but I soon got used to it and didn’t feel the need to change it. 

You could modify it at the pedal end so it goes through a different arc, but that could be problematic with clearance / cable routing 

I then switched to ITBs and has a really long throttle and I’m not fond at all! 

• Like 1
MikeyMK

Yeah, the pedal end was the best solution for me - the closer to the pedal's pivot point you achor the cable, the longer travel you'll have.

I don't know about the 6n but on earlier cars the pedal is made from 8mm metal wire, and the cable mount can just be bent closer to the hinge, creating a longer pedal travel.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, after experimenting for ages with different engine bay mounted fulcrums and other meccano based contraptions, ive settled on just keeping the travel the same.

Unfortunately the 6n pedal is much thicker metal and i don't think there's really space in the pedal box to add anything to its lever. Wedging  my standard throttle cable's grommet through one of the engine's lift points has really secured it well and stops it all flexing around so i can actually feel what the pedal is doing now, the travel feels a lot longer now its not so mushy. I jubilee clipped a short piece of thick fuel pipe onto the pedal stop in the floor to lengthen it . 🤠Cheap n cheerful

harris.racing

I think in my 6n I got a bolt which fitted the hexagonal thing on the floor and glued a nut in and used a bolt with a locknut as a pedal stop haha