Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Hi.
I have problem with my polo. It is VW Polo Classic 1.7SDI year 2000.
My temperature gauge is not working. When I turn the ignition on, temperature needle rises to first temperature reading and stays there. When I turn the ignition off needle drops below that rating. I suspected my coolant sensor was bad so I replaced it but problem still persists. What could be the cause ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoOdaK

• caretakerplus

• Pete1

Top Posters In This Topic

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds very much to me as if the temperature gauge itself is the problem.

If it were the wiring, I would expect to see either no reading at all, or for it to constantly read 'Hot'.

There is a possibility that the problem is caused by the temperature sender (engine end).

To check this, disconnect the plug from the sender, and see if the gauge still gives the same reading, if it does, you will need a new gauge.

Regards

54 minutes ago, caretakerplus said:

Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds very much to me as if the temperature gauge itself is the problem.

If it were the wiring, I would expect to see either no reading at all, or for it to constantly read 'Hot'.

There is a possibility that the problem is caused by the temperature sender (engine end).

To check this, disconnect the plug from the sender, and see if the gauge still gives the same reading, if it does, you will need a new gauge.

Regards

Hi. Thanks for reply. Where is temperature sender located ? Is that sensor or it is some circuit that sends temperature signal to gauge ?

6 hours ago, Pete1 said:

Sender and sensor are two descriptions of the same item.

Oh thank you for explanation 🙂