Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Is this an insurance job?

Douglas-the-second

I am so cross at myself but yesterday when pulling out of a car park I stupidly took the corner too shallow and managed to dent/scrape the side of my car. Anyone able to take an educated guess at how much I’m looking at to repair this? Or is it an insurance job? I’ve never claimed before but have protected no claims 😩

5DFD7D28-62F4-4075-94AF-C1AAC15D1599.jpeg

D1648359-C4F5-4A35-8978-341E61A045E3.jpeg

280D709A-1151-4AB7-AAA0-5865D41B2680.jpeg

IMG-20201203-WA0008.jpg

Edited by Douglas-the-second
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Douglas-the-second

• steveo3002

• nige8021

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for your replies. It’s in the garage now and through the insurance. Had a few private quotes that were around the £3k mark. My insurance is with admiral - I’m a key worker and they’ve said i

Posted Images

nige8021
3 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

insurance job id say 

Without a doubt, 2 door skins (& possibly internal structure on rear door) + a sill & labour would be 1~2k

If you went the DIY route you might find a breaker who have the complete doors and they are a reasonably easy swop, but the sill would need cutting out and replacement welding in so probably best left to a bodyshop unless you're good with a welder 

What year is it ? looks like a 6R or 6C ? 

Happens to us all. When I did it, it was a hire car, so the only option I had was to get my wallet out. My business partner did the same thing to my van. Luckily, it's a heap, so I just brushed hammerite over it 😄

The sill could possibly be pulled out to be fair. If you could find a decent panel beater who'll do that for you and fill and paint, all you're going to need is a couple of second hand doors and time and patience to swap them over. You might need to strip the electrickery in the doors over if the car they came off isn't the same as yours. Not difficult, just need to work methodically. 

• 3 weeks later...

If I’m not too late to the party...

Repair door, new door and repair sill. It’s the sill is nasty but I’ve seen worse repaired. If you can source same colour back door yourself this would cut the cost a lot! I’d say around £800-£1200 you’d get that done 

Douglas-the-second

Thank you for your replies. It’s in the garage now and through the insurance. Had a few private quotes that were around the £3k mark. My insurance is with admiral - I’m a key worker and they’ve said it’s important to keep me on the road so I can get to work. Therefore, they’ve paid my £500 excess and given me a free courtesy car for the duration of the repairs. I couldn’t be more complimentary of them!! 

• Like 2