Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Petehughes

Hello all,

I have read your advice about Polo 1.0 6n dashboard dead.  Please help me, all I have on my 1998 Polo is a full beam warning light.  Where is the volt stabiliser, do I have to take speedo/rev needles off and if so HOW, they are so tight.

thanks all.

pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petehughes

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

nige8021

The voltage stabiliser is not a simple replaceable part on these speedo's it's all SMD components, have you checked all the fuses ? The other possible problem area is where the main connectors are soldered onto the PCB they do suffer with occasional dry joints, which can easily be resoldered.

You shouldn't need to remove the needles to get at the PCB, remove the screws for the front face and unclip it then you can remove the backshell that will give access to the PCB 

• 2 weeks later...
Petehughes

Thank you for that Nige’ and apologies for late response.  I can only get to the outer side of the circuit board.  

The side I can see looks good, no burn marks or dry looking joints.

thats why I thought I would need to check the other side 

Thanks again 

Pete

nige8021

I would still run a soldering iron over the joints onto the PCB