Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

9N3 electrical faults - all related?

FartedOnTheWayHere

Hi all,

Last year, I bought a cheap, low-ish mileage 2006 Polo S 1.2 which needed some TLC. I gave it a full detail and service and overhauled the brakes, allowing it to pass its MOT with flying colours.

While it's mechanically solid, the car had a weird electrical issue when I bought it. The driver's power window wouldn't work at all, the passenger window would only roll up in stages, and the central locking didn't work from the driver's door. I tested all the connections and found that power was still getting through, so I assumed it was either a faulty switch or motor.

I then took it to a family friend for a second opinion. He found no issue with the wiring loom or the switch, and recommended that I buy a secondhand motor assembly as it was either a buggered motor or a faulty relay. These are, by the way, impossible to find unless you want to give VW £200.

Since then, the passenger window has also stopped working, and the central locking has completely failed. After speaking to VW, it appears that the fault could be caused by either a dodgy motor assembly or a bad control unit, neither of which are a cheap fix.

Can anyone else shed some light on what might be causing the issue, as well as a solution? Thanks

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FartedOnTheWayHere

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days