Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Clutch problems HH engine with 085 5 speed gearbox

Lovejoy

Please could someone offer some advice on the problem with my clutch. I have a HH in a mk1 Derby with an 085 gearbox. The engine and 'box were in a mk2 polo saloon I bought, I've now put these in my mk1, before doing so I fitted a new 180mm LUK clutch (I really should have left it alone!), the release bearing that came with the kit didn't connect to the release shaft so I reused the old one. I finally got the car running a few weeks ago and i moved it a few feet forward and reverse and it was ok. Then the next time I came to use it it wouldn't go into gear, the cable was correctly adjusted and I could select all 5 gears without the engine running. I've decided to remove the gearbox and investigate, but nothing stands out to me, so I don't know what the problem is. Could it be the release bearing? There was some play but it seemed to move ok so it should work. Could there be a problem with the new clutch? Someone mentioned i could have put it in the wrong way, is this possible? I don't understand why it worked a few times then didn't. Could it be the early 180mm clutch isn't compatible with a later release bearing? If so what do I need to do? Any help/advice would be great! Heres a few pics, the cleaner looking release bearing is the new one that wouldn't connect to the release shaft, and heres a pic of my engine bay because its pretty 🙂

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovejoy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days