Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

1.3 1993 Polo Carb options?

tylermk2f

Hello i

Spoiler

have a 1993 mk2f Coupe 1.3 I want to fit a bigger carb but not sure what would work and whats not gonna cost much but make more power any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tylermk2f

• steveo3002

• mk2tastic

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that'll be fine my mot guys Stevie wonder 😂

steveo3002

if its a 2f then its spi fuel injection

swapping to a bigger carb wont make more power 

tylermk2f
8 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

if its a 2f then its spi fuel injection

swapping to a bigger carb wont make more power 

How would I go about doing this?

mk2tastic

I’d say that with the fuel injection system your options are very limited and therefore very little can be done to a standard system as it’s governed by an ECU.

The older carb systems(Pre 2f)could feasibly be messed about with, but it’s not something I’ve got involved with on my Breadvan as any variation from standard leads to insurance implications.

Edited by mk2tastic
tylermk2f
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mk2tastic said:

I’d say that with the fuel injection system your options are very limited and therefore very little can be done to a standard system as it’s governed by an ECU.

The older carb systems(Pre 2f)could feasibly be messed about with, but it’s not something I’ve got involved with on my Breadvan as any variation from standard leads to insurance implications.

yeah i would like to avoid going to spi mainly due to the cost wondering if i could modify the intake manifold and fit a twin choke weber or something similar.

Edited by tylermk2f
nige8021

The only realistic way to increase the power would be to ditch the SPI and fit bike carbs, plenty of information in the FAQ's of this section, but then you'll have to inform your insurance company.

steveo3002

plus find a way to pass mot emmisions if its new enough to need a cat

tylermk2f
14 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

plus find a way to pass mot emmisions if its new enough to need a cat

that'll be fine my mot guys Stevie wonder 😂

• Haha 2