Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

I saw that some people were discussing their golf mk3 builds in here, as well as the polo 6n, and I was trying to figure out which parts I could afford to install on my own car.

I've seen some people recommend to put the 1.3 Polo GT camshaft but they're stupid expensive here!

so I'd like to ask you lovely people, what upgrades would you consider essential for this engine!

sorry for the weird post writing, I'm new into this stuff so i don't have a lot of experience

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fizu

• steveo3002

• kiran_182

steveo3002

free flowing exhaust and intake/head mods ...any of the upgrades seen for polos apply to these 

nothing much cheap n easy that offers any noticeable gains 

if its spi thats most of the restriction id say

i can always save up some money to get the parts eventually, but thanks! i'll keep it in mind

• 2 months later...
kiran_182

the ABD is only a good engine when paired with the GT MPI system, i would fit a newman 270 cam to take full advantage of the extra cc dispite the drop in compression. The  main gain on the ABD is torque and the golf gearbox has similar ratios to the G40 and better torque conversion than a GT box

I used a G40 inlet to improve low down torque on my GT and adding that to a ABD power build will only help the 0-60 time

really new to mechanical stuff, but what sort of modifications would be necessary to get a GT MPI system? Would a G40 spec camshaft work on the 1.4? My first plans were to use the 1.3 cam from the polo but i've decided to do more research before i do anything.

steveo3002

no a supercharged cam isnt suitable 

mpi conversion requires alot of parts , inlet , fuel rail with inj , tb , airbox , afm , all pipes , ecu , wiring etc.....ideally need to find a cheap scrap car and take all the parts off 

• 2 weeks later...

out of luck on that then, live on a island i don't believe there'll be many mpi golfs around