Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Mk2 blower motor making noise

bastibum

When I turn on the blower inside my mk2 breadvan it works fine for some time. 
But after a while it will start to make an irritating screeching noise that gets worse when under braking. 
At first it stops making noise when you put the switch on position 1, but after a while this position will also result in the noise.
Annyone any ideas what could be the problem?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bastibum

• steveo3002

• zob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dry bearings...can sometimes fix it if you spray something like gt85 into the bearing area with the fan turned on

I squirted in some GT85 into our banshee of a heater motor going on 3 years ago and it hasn't made a peep since. Expected it to be a very temporary bodge as well

Posted Images

steveo3002

dry bearings...can sometimes fix it if you spray something like gt85 into the bearing area with the fan turned on

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

I squirted in some GT85 into our banshee of a heater motor going on 3 years ago and it hasn't made a peep since. Expected it to be a very temporary bodge as well

• Like 1
bastibum

Thanks! I haven't got gt85 at home. Maybe a silicone-spray will also do the job 🤨

steveo3002

yeah maybe...as long as it doesnt dry out it will help

• 2 weeks later...
bastibum

Hmmm the silicone didn't help. I just sprayed it on both sides while it was on.  Where precisely is the bearing area?