Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

abbiewan

EDIT: I have a  2020 1.0 TSI 95 SE 5dr

I've tried using Google and asking around, but have come up with nothing. I'm trying to source just the one as it's missing on the one side.

The closest I've got is on this page: http://www.vwpolo.net/changing_the_bulbs_in_the_tail_light_cluster-413.html where it's referred to as a 'sash fastener', but I can't find anything when I Google that term. 

For reference, it's behind my rear lights on either side, there's a little flap/door that you can open to access the rear lights. The little plastic hook fits through a hole in the flap and you twist it to lock the door/flap into place. 

It's not a massive deal, I know, but I'm a bit of perfectionist 😂

I don't know if it's a VW specific part of whether they can be sourced cheaply on eBay or something?

211806284_5713306795409712_1577905487433760562_n.jpg

clip.PNG

Edited by abbiewan
hyperlink and model/date
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abbiewan

• nige8021

• mk2tastic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be useful to know the year and spec of your Polo.   Without that info it’s difficulty to know where to start looking to make sure you get the right part.   Alternatively g

Looking at the online VW/VAG parts websites none cover past 2016/7 so it most likely will be a main stealership parts department or if you have a friendly local TPS that will deal with private custome

Posted Images

mk2tastic

It would be useful to know the year and spec of your Polo.

Without that info it’s difficulty to know where to start looking to make sure you get the right part.

Alternatively go down to a local breakers yard and see if they’ve got what you are after.

Edited by mk2tastic
  • Thanks 1
mk2tastic

That’s as good as new.

Have you tried your local VW dealer?

abbiewan

@mk2tastic I've messaged them, just awaiting a response at the moment 🙂

I thought I'd try on here in case they can be ordered more cheaply on eBay or something as it's just a small plastic piece, main dealers I find can often be costly for those fiddly parts 😂

abbiewan

@nige8021 thanks for the link 🙂 unfortunately nothing on there that's like a 'hook' shape like what I'm looking for. To be fair, it doesn't have my Polo listed yet, only goes up to Mk5 2017.

nige8021

Looking at the online VW/VAG parts websites none cover past 2016/7 so it most likely will be a main stealership parts department or if you have a friendly local TPS that will deal with private customers they might be better than the stealership

• Thanks 1
abbiewan

@nige8021 TPS is a good shout. Our local is open until 1PM tomorrow so I'll give them a visit 🙂 thank you!