Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Help ! Cant open the bonnet on my 6N

Recently had a minor bump on the front left corner. Nothing serious, just a squished bumper right on the corner. But, now my bonnet will not pop.

I've never had any probs with it before. It's always been fine.

I've tried giving the wire extra pull with a pair of grips, but no joy.

The mechanism is pretty well protected and there doesnt seem to be  a way to release it manually.

I dont expect this to be anything other than awkward and fiddly, but if anyone can give me some pointers, that would be very much appreciated. As I cant even begin to repair the damage until I can pop the bonnet.

I really dont know why this little bump has caused it to do this, unless the outer cable has become dislodged from its location ?

Do VW have a special little trick for this sort of situation ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polo3

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

steveo3002

you could have a helper work the cable and listen near the grille if the catch is moving...if its dislodged it chances are the cable would feel extra easy to move

whats worked in the past if the cable is working is have a helper pull the cable and you push up n down on the bonnet edge , will often pop open....do not close it until youve found the fault , or maybe leave the grille off for access?

Yes, the catch is moving, so it appears to not be dislodged.

I'll have to wait for my helper to get back later.

The distortion in that area must be very slight as you cant really see any difference.

Thanks for the advice.