Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Hello Polo People,

I would like to offer a repair service for some types of electric window motor module as fitted to 9N3 Polo, a few Transporters and some mk1/2 Skoda Fabia.

At this stage it applies only to two specific, exact part numbers fitted to the driver's side front door, as follows:

6Y1959801  Fitted to RHD 9N3 Polo, a few Transporters, and very early mk2 Skoda Fabias.

6Y2959802  Fitted to later RHD Mk1 Fabia, from around October 2004.

Left Hand Drive cars will use the other part number in each case.

Note that both of these are driver's side units, the difference in part numbering is due to the orientation/positioning of the motor module on the panels they mount to in each model. 

These parts suffer a type of intermittent, progressive failure where they 'sometimes work fine, sometimes don't work at all'.  This is what I can fix for you.

I will test your faulty unit, confirm the problem, repair it to full working order and post it back to you for £50, total. (Non-UK residents please understand that return postage will add a little as necessary).

You'd post it to me (less than 1Kg so can be sent as a first class small parcel for just £3.68 within UK at present).  I would aim to turn it round within 2 days of receipt, and send it back first class.

This is the what the part looks like (mirror image of this and PN 6Y1959801 on RHD Polo):

20210830_104835.thumb.jpg.48b8beb01209aa08d34422c3a421f169.jpg

Central locking via remote will still work in the absence of the window module, so you will be able to secure the car as normal while it is away. 

Obviously you'll want to ensure that both front windows are fully shut, as in the absence of the driver's side module the passenger side one will not operate.

New units are nearly £200 from VW, and ebay 2nd hand ones with these part numbers tend to go for nearly £100.

I will charge you just £50 including return postage.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Pete1
  • Like 2
  • nige8021 featured this topic
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pete1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Hello Polo People,   I would like to offer a repair service for some types of electric window motor module as fitted to 9N3 Polo, a few Transporters and some mk1/2 Skoda Fabia. At this