Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.

Reliable online parts

mr brightside

Hi, new member, making the switch from Stuttgart to Wolfsburg to save money on petrol. I've always wanted a 2F coupe GT because i just love them, and now i've got one, but it's a fixer upper!

Heritage parts have let me down in two different ways on my first order, wrong disc thickness, missing parts...it's hassle i don't need. Can anyone recommend a reliable online supplier for Polo 2F service parts? Someone said TPS, but they don't serve the public. So far i've found:

https://www.classic-vw.co.uk/

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr brightside

• Yeti

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

avs car parts can be good , they get it right and dont sell rubbish...might have to ask for some parts

otherwise ebay and make sure you search by part number and choose a good brand

autodoc is worth a look if you can wait and justify the postage

Edited by steveo3002

I use Parts in Motion https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/

They stock Febi/Bilstein, which basically are original VW parts. Not expensive, the delivery's quick and they don't mess around if you need to send something back. 

Thanks. Tried parts in motion, see how they frame up. Really struggled to find a Reinz headset for it too, think i've got one now, but it could still go wrong. It's really piddling oil out of the bottom LHS which is apparently where the gallery to the cam feeds up.

Parts in Motion have done very well. A pair of Febi 10mm discs arrived today, they emailed me to confirm fitment, but i didn't see it, so they dispatched anyway which is what i would have wanted. Heritage have held their hands up for the mistake with the 12mm discs and have refunded me; they have also asked me to dispose of the unwanted discs.

So, does anyone want 2 sets of 239x12mm discs? They fit a MK2F Polo fine apart from being 2mm too thick, so maybe they are from a Golf? I can offer them for free if you pay the postage to me by paypal. Send me a PM with your address and i'll get a postage price.

Yeah, I think they're from a mk3 Golf. On some of the basic models, they used the VW2 calipers, which were meant for vented discs, but fitted a thicker solid disc and some massive brake pads. 

Glad you got on well with Parts In Motion. It's worth putting the car reg in the comments when you order because they guarantee fitment and cover the return postage if it's wrong.