Fitting G-Laderseite ARB Blocks

GiorgioGT

dgs-033.jpg

Am in the procces of fittign these at the moment.

The holes on the new blocks, when over the ARB, dont seem to line up with the holes on the car.

1. What am I doing wrong.

2. What are the metal plates for/Where do they go?

3. What are the 2 circle things for

Edited by ---Ripley---

why dont you just whore out my photobucket a bit more like!

ripley, you have to pull the anti roll bar forward to fit them

thats perfect boys. gentle persuasion is the way forward.

pinches can you unlock your photobucket account so I can browse around please :-D

are them round things just to hold the blocks in place?

i think the idea behind them is to stop the arb moving side to side in the bushes.

thats perfect boys. gentle persuasion is the way forward.

pinches can you unlock your photobucket account so I can browse around please :-D

like fuck i can! i cant let everyone in on my top secret race spec shit.

i used the "widow maker" jack to push the arb forwards. those "round things" are donut clamps they stop the ARB sliding from side to side through the bushes

at least theres no pictures of a black mk3 with a smoothed colour coded front bumper....in colour concept blue!

I've put these on 3 or 4 different times now, different polos of course.

I wrote an easy way of doing it by leaving the wheels on (they pull the bar forward a little) and using trolley jacks in different places but I can't find the file.

I found the best thing to do was to bolt the top halfs onto the car, jack the ARB up until it starts to lift the car, support the arb with acel stands and lift again untill the arb falls into place, lift the car another notch so that the blocks remain in place when un bolted. Then simply bolt the blocks on with the metal brackets onto the bottom, the blocks must go on evenly otherwise they will get caught on the thread, both sets of blocks should be tightened evenly too.

The blocks should pull the bar forward, the tracking will need re-setting.

at least theres no pictures of a black mk3 with a smoothed colour coded front bumper....in colour concept blue!

haha that looked good and you knows it!

i found getting a 6ft6 16 stone animal of a man to lever the arb using the lower slut brace helps the holes line up

I just put the car on axel stands. wheels just off the floor then did it that way.

these things need instructions

Edited by ---Ripley---

by the way these are mint!!!

i spent about 3 hours trying to fit these f'ing things the right way round. such a pain to line up.

nearly lost it going down some b-roads :paranoid: . Think I need to speak to philJ.

arb blocks and lower strut brace. by far the most cost effective mods regarding handling.

thanks for everybodies help :thumbsup: . Pinches - I owe you some beer dude

I'm not suprised you nearly lost it if you haven't had it tracked up. i drove mine to get tracked and had about 5 minor incidents at roundabouts on the way there! mine was toeing in by 10degrees!

Guest polokid

also it worth changing the standard radiator mount, to a stronger peace of box section.......

also what are G-ladersite to deal with? I'm gonna be buying their racingkit 2 from them.. x2 arb bushes, x2 inner's, x2 outer's ?

Edited by polokid

also it worth changing the standard radiator mount, to a solid peace of box section..

also what are G-ladersite to deal with? I'm gonna be buying their racingkit 2 from them.. x2 arb bushes, x2 inner's, x2 outer's ?

how can something be solid and box section?

I've found it easier to either jack the arb up while its up the air, or lower the car down a bit off the jack (with the wheels on) n the arb will move into a nicer place to get it bolted up.

I ended up taking the lower strut brace off, jacking the ARB in and it seemed to slot into place.

G-Laderseite are spot on. Paypal fees, plus exchange rate fees. But they speak english so its all good

Guest polokid
G-Laderseite are spot on. Paypal fees, plus exchange rate fees. But they speak english so its all good

good good, will be ordering the racingkit 2 up soon... :thumbsup:

also it worth changing the standard radiator mount, to a stronger peace of box section.......

if you have fitted a lower front brace bar there isnt really much need for doing the rad bar too as the front beam and brace willl be perfectly strong enough.

• 2 months later...