Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

How to use the forum search function

There seems to be a lot of people saying the search function isn't very good and brings up loads of irrelevant threads, maybe this will help.

Say we want to search for side exit exhausts, the obvious thing to type into the search box might be:

side exit exhaust

Which comes up with 28 pages of threads, which is only the first 1000 threads! This is because it's returning every thread with the words 'side' or 'exit' or 'exhaust' in it, which is a lot!

Better would be to search for:

+side +exit +exhaust

Which comes up with a much more manageable 2 pages of threads, because it gives you every thread with all three words in it.

Still better (perhaps) would be to search for:

"side exit exhaust"

Which comes up with one page of threads, each of which has the exact phrase 'side exit exhaust' in that order.

So basically put a plus '+' before every word to search for threads containing all of those words, otherwise with each extra word you search for it'll return lots more posts, when really by searching for more words you want to be narrowing your search.

I'm sure lots of people know this but maybe it'll help those who don't.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ray2k

• heartagram

• jamiedub

MikeyMK

Total thumbs up,Ray! And thanks,Kam.

:thumbsup:

Its about time this was done - if i see another topic asking how to fit mini wheels,engine options for a MK3,or how to fit VWII brakes,I'm gonna scream and scream and.. Incidentally, "this way" is the one i use both on here and on Googoth. Its the best way to get direct,right to the specific.

Mclovin

^^^how do you fit mini wheels to a mk3? i was just about to make a post about that...

• 3 weeks later...
heartagram

Theres only so many times you can reply to the same questions then you just stop replying. I replied to so many threads about squareback rear arches and now I'm just sick of replying to them so I don't bother.

• 4 years later...

*goes off to use the search function properly, instead of looking through 100 threads to find one simple answer ... haha