Tav

Polo GT Project

Tav

Well... officially cannot be bothered paying for a re-spray and enduring the time it takes to get the body work looking mint. I'm giving up! haha

So...I've been a little spontaneous and went and bought this...100k, FVWSH, no sun-roof (roll cage FTW) and generally mint condition. 12 months of MOT to boot.

f7753ah8.jpg

In a week...maybe two it should look like this...I'm going to fit ALL of the parts I have bar the G40 motor. So it should be one of the biggest spec'd GT's on the road. Wishbone conversion, big brake conversion, H&R suspension and all sorts...etc. etc.

tavgfj8.jpg

Same colour as Del's old GT (LA9V) Metallic black, so we used his car for the photo chop.

I'm going to throw the G40 motor at it in summer and that'll be job done...160-70 bhp...sorted chassis and brakes already on.

Whadda you think?

Edited by Tav

andypaterson

yum yum.

g40jon

looks like a shiny low g40! i like. why is it so many gt no plates end in gnh? I've got one that has the same ending, a mate of mine used to have one with the same ending and I've seem loads of other gts that all end in gnh!

andyniceday

spot on!

are the bumpers colour coded or just a healthy black plastic finish?

Jake-GT

that looks lovely and clean! Will be awesome when the G40 engine is in too. Gonna be one hell of a car. I love that colour too 8-)

abc123

Was looking at this on ebay, looks like a lovely example, shame it was so far away from me otherwise i would of had a look!

Tav
spot on!

are the bumpers colour coded or just a healthy black plastic finish?

Turtlewax Back to Black...and lots of it!

Acctual plate is Kxxx GHH ... the GNH is Del's old plate ... but who ever said it made a good point, freakin' loads of GNH's

Was looking at this on ebay, looks like a lovely example, shame it was so far away from me otherwise i would of had a look!

500 mile round trip for me, same again on Friday but I'll need to fuel two cars on the way back...gutted!

Edited by Tav

chrispy

awesome tav!

nice to see your're getting somewhere!

Alex

A GT shell is probably a better starting point anyway, good work! :D

Tav

Tis indeed...no arch trims etc. to buy. You'd say that anyway Mr. I've done a GT to G40 conversion haha.

Cheers Christian...Polo show next year will be more fun!

heg123

nice very nice same colour as mine.

supercharged spaniel

miiiiiint!

chrispy
Tis indeed...no arch trims etc. to buy. You'd say that anyway Mr. I've done a GT to G40 conversion haha.

Cheers Christian...Polo show next year will be more fun!

yeah none of this audi bollocks hahaahah!

phillyt1988

looks super clean will be good to see the plans unravel!

Guest walshc

Nice one Tav :thumbsup:

Photaay shop looks sweet too 8-)

I wanted to see you in a red g40 though :-(:-p:lol: nah it will be the bollox :thumbsup:

StueyB

Like it alot!

You gunna get it sitting that low upfront?

13 or 14'' ra's?

Tav

H&R Cup Kit 60/40 with a PPP subframe makes up the jist of the suspension for now. Coilovers in future perhaps?

They'll be 14" RA's...

Sorted out insurance today, the usual Brentacre 100bhp limit and do what you like other wise. 0 NCB driving for 4 years....£546...not bad I thought, considering the scope for free additional modifications.

Edited by Tav

Alex

Yeah, we'll have a similar chassis spec too. I'm saving for a LSD for early next year, and I'm going to replace my Spax suspension with H&R kit after my Nürburgring trip next April/May as it's a bit long in the tooth and I reckon the track will finish it off, and I've got a PPP subframe planned.

tractorboy

Did u get it off the bay!?

Was going for this one a week or so ago

Tav

Yeah I found it on eBay, so I called the guy up. You can see the original photos in my blog on the forum.

Coops90

I bidded on that car!

max

will be an awesome gt and even better as a '40

good luck with it all

Toopay_MkIII_GT

wheey another LA9V on CP :-D , i got the 60/60 H&R kit on 14" BBS, i think its the perfect look for a blk GT, cant wait to see it progress :thumbsup:

currie

it might not be the biggest specced metallic black GT :nod:

Tav

What you got planned? haha

I've got the cassette holder in the center console....yeah roy! That'll be up for sale soon though.

I think when the G40 engine comes into play it'll up the spec. a fair bit.

Was out earlier driving it...few niggles appearing. Steering wheel wobbles a little and is very heavy to use even though it is on standard width tyres. Drivers lock is a little iffy...driver's window doesn't close tight without a bit of effort, then it snaps shut. All things to be sorted on Thursday when I finish uni.