Skip to content

New Member...

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

Wanted to introduce myself as i'm known to be a bit of a forum addict!

I picked up my new car on Saturday which is a car I think most of you will know. I'm now taking it to the next level and will hopefully be done by next season.

The car is a Black GTI 6n2 on G60 steels with a 1.8 20VT lump in it. I've had quite a few 20VT cars and this is by far the quickest of the lot!

I will take some new pics and post up and will do a build thread.

Plans are to sort the interior out with some red leather, a general tidy up of the exterior and get some nice wheels to finish it off.

A few of my previous cars...

Audi TT

Pug 106 GTI

Seat Ibiza Cupra

A few others to!

I'll probably be asking loads of questions to familiarise myself with the polo so apologies in advance!

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomo's car?

welcome along. :-D

  • Author

Yeah Tomo's car. It needs some tidying up a bit but i've started already! Sorting out the stereo and putting in a little 10" Pioneer SPL sub. I need to sort out the headlights as they're bright (6000k HID's) but they're angled really low and it's like driving blind at night!!!!!!

It's brilliant fun! My TT was about 270bhp but very relaxed and comfortable. Where as the polo is just like a rocket but can be driven sensibly as well.

I can't wait to get cracking with the mods. I've ordered tyres today as it has some budget ones on there at the moment and it struggles for traction in 2nd, 1st is just no point, coming out of corners in 2nd is hilarious!!!!!! So got some Goodyear F1's to go on the steels whilst i'm searching for suitable wheels!

I'm thinking of Integra Type R Recaro's trimmed in red leather and putting a rear bench back in trimmed in red leather too.

I need to sort the rev counter out and get a boost gauge and oil temp.

So although it's Tom's old car i'm hoping with a bit of work I can turn it into my own (the main bit the engine has already been done which is nice and it seems a very strong engine and is nice and smooth).

look forward to seeing the progression thead......

yea me to... i want a 20vt :(, still deciding what i want yet, g40 or a golf 1.8 turbo :(

  • Author

Get an Ibiza Cupra! Much better than the golf!

Build thread will be coming once I get a chance!

Get an Ibiza Cupra! Much better than the golf!

Build thread will be coming once I get a chance!

hmm i will look into that, and hurry with buid thread!

  • Author

So far I've only put a sub into it! And that was in the dark last night!!!!

Tyres are going on tomorrow. I got 4 Goodyear F1's for the G60's for £200 all in (i know the guys quite well) but still that is cheap!!!!

Next weekend is my gf's 21st but after that it will all be about the car!

Recaro's will be next as I like the buckets but you sit quite high up in it and they lean forward ever so slightly which i'm used to now but still not that comfy.

Not sure what to do with the Steering wheel. it looks cool but I think a 300mm one would be better. (it's a 280mm momo one).

I hope this polo has gone to a good owner, Steve. I love this car. I tried my best to tell Tomo not to sell it, but noooooo.

Get this build thread up asap!

yea me to... i want a 20vt :(, still deciding what i want yet, g40 or a golf 1.8 turbo :(

g40, 1.8ts are slow unless its an anni

well its fast for me mate :)

  • Author
I hope this polo has gone to a good owner, Steve. I love this car. I tried my best to tell Tomo not to sell it, but noooooo.

Get this build thread up asap!

It has! I will be looking after it very well and i've had some fairly naughty little cars so i can drive it without stuffing it into a hedge!

It will hopefully be show worthy by next season.

  • Author
yea me to... i want a 20vt :(, still deciding what i want yet, g40 or a golf 1.8 turbo :(

g40, 1.8ts are slow unless its an anni

Not really true. The anni has a KO3s turbo so is 180bhp as std. The normal golfs are 150bhp and a ko3. the 150bhp model will remap to 200bhp. Same as the Ibiza.

Get an Ibiza Cupra! Much better than the golf!

Build thread will be coming once I get a chance!

Boy knows 8-)

I'm a little bias tho! :lol:

Pics of TT and Cupra...?

Thats a niiice polo, glad its gone to good home! Oh and Welcome :)

yea me to... i want a 20vt :(, still deciding what i want yet, g40 or a golf 1.8 turbo :(

g40, 1.8ts are slow unless its an anni

Not really true. The anni has a KO3s turbo so is 180bhp as std. The normal golfs are 150bhp and a ko3. the 150bhp model will remap to 200bhp. Same as the Ibiza.

Yeah but the 180bhp anni will remap to a nice safe 234bhp :-p

Got any pics of the car? love a nice 20vt polo

  • Author

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Here's some pics of my previous cars...

TT... No pics of the mods i had done recently including... black headlights with black indicators, spacers, arm rest...

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

Ibiza...

HowLow.jpg

Clean.jpg

106 GTI...

Forrest_rear_angle.jpg

BoxHill-Pug6.jpg

BoxHill-Pug.jpg

BMW...

BMWFront.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

BMWVaders.jpg

RST...

EscortRST-4.jpg

EscortRST-1.jpg

I've only got the pics Tom took of the polo but will post up in a seperate post. Hope you like pics! I do!!!

  • Author

The BEAST!

dsc0004l.jpg

dsc0260d.jpg

dsc0265j.jpg

dsc02378.jpg

dsc02381l.jpg

dsc02294.jpg

dsc02295sel.jpg

dsc02296u.jpg

dsc02415q.jpg

dsc02417mpa.jpg

Oh haiiii steve :unibrow:

This looks nice, but those seats need changing! Seats sit too high.

How does it drive?

  • Author

I will do a build thread soon but just to say i've so far...

- Sorted out the HU.

- Fitted a 10" Pioneer SPL sub with 1800w Kenwood Amp (not a massive bass fan any more but it is nice having it there)

- Taken out the Fire Extinguisher

- Given it a good clean... need to spend a weekend on it tbh.

Tomorrow it's getting Goodyear F1's all round as it really struggles for traction on the budgets it's on atm!!!!

Then it's Schmidt Modernlines.

Then some Integra DC5 Type R Recaro's i think!!

Can't wait to really get cracking with this car... it's absolutely awesome and i can't get the stupid grin off my face!

  • Author
Oh haiiii steve :unibrow:

Hi!

  • Author
This looks nice, but those seats need changing! Seats sit too high.

How does it drive?

Yeah they've been mounted on the original Polo sub frames. I know why as he didn't want harnesses and after market sub frames would mean not seat belt buckle bit. They also don't go far enough back so the seats are high up on my hit list!

It drives very well. The engine is very strong and it is very very quick.

But it can also be driven very sedately and calmly. The RST i had was quick but the power was on/off. This is totally different and unlike any converted car i've ever driven before (nearly got a C20LET corsa a little while ago as a toy).

The handling is good and it's not as nose heavy as i expected it to be.

The tyres a as sh*t as could possibly be so traction is an issue but this will be sorted tomorrow with some Goodyear F1's.

Trying to power it out of corners is impossible as the tyres just spin causing it to understeer.

I'm hoping the Goodyears will be up to it if not then Toyo R888's will be going on the G60's and the goodyears will be put on some Schmidt moderlines.

Nice collection of cars!

Regarding Eagle F1's, I'm running them and even though I've got a 6N 16v they're not as grippy as I'd hoped, not in the wet anyway.

Saying that, I would probably still buy them again.

hello there and welcome!

I'm interested in selling up at some point and maybe buying a cupra turbo, what where they like to drive, did they feel fast, fun etc?

lovely new car btw :)

Jon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.