Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 15/11/18 in all areas

  1. 2 points
    And some from the press launch of the new Polo back in January... Cheers! Rich
  2. 2 points
  3. 2 points
    One from the Social
  4. 2 points
    One I shot not too long ago whilst on a cheeky country road blast
  5. 1 point
    It's that time of year again, we are looking for entries for the 2019 Club Polo calendar. The rules are simple, just post up a picture, the picture must be one that you have taken (or you have the permission of the photographer to use it) and you must be able to send me a high res or raw version. We as always want well thought out scenic photos. There are 12 months plus a cover picture that we need to fill. If you have a specific month you'd like to see your picture if it were chosen then by all means let us know when submitting your entry. I'll start the ball rolling with a picture I took of @Ross36's Polo G40. DSC_0326 by Steven Thomson, on Flickr
  6. 1 point
    check that castle nut has not worked its way loose...
  7. 1 point
    First welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that "universal" kit isn't really suitable for your car, as the central locking on your model uses a single wire lock/unlock system, the best option is the OEM system as shown in this posting https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/204921-guide-how-to-install-oem-remote-central-locking-in-a-polo-9n-with-original-parts/
  8. 1 point
    loosen the big ARB nut at hub? or take it off the Track Control Arm's balljoint? (nut and bolt through hub) (or take anti-roll bar off only at front mounts. It can be a right pain to refit ARB I find, but I do have g-laderseite blocks which pull wheels forward to increase caster angle). . I normally end up with a big piece of 4x4 fence post on the jack (with chocked jack wheels). The post holds up the shock 's steering arm protruding bit in order to get the angles right. Those original spring compressors look big enough for a Range Rover 🤣
  9. 1 point
    As LR5V says, and I have stated before on here, hydraulics firms will make up the pipes to pattern, but here is the rub - to have them made to fit well, they need to be taken off of the car without distorting them - and that is the problem. With the engine out of the car, it is a straight forward job, but with the engine in situ, I doubt that it is possible. If the car is anything like due for a new clutch, (or any other reason to remove the engine) you could kill two birds with one stone and do both jobs together. Regards
  10. 1 point
    How on earth did the hose ends corrode? If you are really struggling hydraulic firms like your local Pirtek can replace the ends - but they need the hoses off the car + suspect a good 2nd hand part will be cheaper
  11. 1 point
    One more GTI International and a couple of VW UK's 29,000-mile Mk 2...
  12. 1 point
    A few from GTI International...
  13. 1 point
    It would appear a lot of my photos this year have the latest Polo GTI in them, so, for starters...
  14. 1 point
  15. 1 point
    Took this yesterday 🙂
  16. 1 point
  17. 1 point
    On my way home this afternoon
  18. 1 point
  19. 1 point
    Although I don't own it anymore, I did take this picture (it also got picked up by CarThrottle's IG and got somewhere in the region of 14000 likes )
  20. 1 point
    Begun stripping the interior to prepare for the false floor framework. I also plan to locate the battery here when I finally man up and begin shaving the bay, so I'll look to incorporate a fancy battery holder
  21. 1 point
    ATS' are off for a refurb, although I don't know how long the car will be sporting them before I find it a new, wider set Also debating painting the faces, white? maybe gold?
  22. 1 point
    Experimenting with some grip tape on my pedals for that 'race car' feel. Joking aside its made a massive difference from the polished pedal surface my foot slips on far too often
  23. 1 point
    Initial prototype had served its purpose, but never truly looked finished, mainly because of clearance issues, so the cluster was remade with some spare stainless sheet I had lying around. Now all it needs is a lick of satin black paint and I'm calling it done!
  24. 1 point
    Despite not long after rebuilding the carb, I had issues with not being able to balance it (or even getting the car to run eventually) so I bit the bullet and 'invested' in a new Weber carb
  25. 1 point
    About time for an update on this, things I've been upto; removed sunroof, made blanking panel out of sheet of aluminium and fitted with some sealant and rivets, interior has/is being replaced with a rollcage - have finished putting together but needs painting and fixing to shell, broke rear quarter window as needed a little more space for manoeuvering sections of the rollcage in and out of the shell whilst in the garage (was raining and was too lazy to roll shell out of garage), sound deadening material (don't know what it's actually called) is being removed from the floor pans which is a pain in the arse and time consuming, spare wheel well has been removed - still need to blank off, due to the spacers needed to clear the porsche brakes and 8.5" wide fronts I couldn't get full lock so made a start on the inner arches anyway, here's some pics... positioning harness bar couldnt resist a bit of primer ice + 2 hour wait + hammer = touchy feely made some book ends for the book case using some forged abf conrods (lost faith in using them in the engine after seeing a few cases of the same rods failing) and made a coffee table for the lounge

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines