chrispy

12 months on...GOT DISH!?

chrispy
i demand camber

i demand an idiot proof guide to installation phil! i only worked out yesterday they came apart in 2 pieces! NOOOB haha

the link you sent me is no good, i am rather spesh u see!

:lol: how much camber do they give about 3 degrees??

Nanna loon aint welcumm in these here vee doubleya shows :lol:

Nah, couldnt be bothered with the treck. Looking at the pics though I'm pretty glad i never went :ninja:

Simmy`s getting no kiss from me, the cheating whore :cry:

Yeah should be at both meets, just got to decide whether to go to a meet near wales with my nova bois innit bruv or stick with my dub breadas and go birch... :?

well whatever u decide i should be a both petal!

prob gonna get some munch at NWVAG so i may join you and saf and play gooseberry! :lol:

Guest StevieDavison

Loving the CC centres dude looking schweet !

jay135

I'm biast to white polos because i own one, but that has to be my favourite polo by far! Absolutley loving it!!!!!! cant wait to see it when you get the stance right!

Guest walshc
well whatever u decide i should be a both petal!

prob gonna get some munch at NWVAG so i may join you and saf and play gooseberry! :lol:

whoopagio 8-)

Yeah the food is pretty good at the pub, shame the service from one dragon is terrible :lol:

awww buttercup, you wont be gooseberry, yousaf is just my bit on the side ;)

phillyt1988

oh dear christian it is idiot proof i tell thee! i so nearly photo documented the fitting on mine but decided if i struggled so could the rest of the world! i swear i told you they came to pieces aswell hence my superglue speech. baisically set the 0 to 0, then put them on the paper against the correct picture for your car. then the shaded areas you trim away, its like 4 seperate bits in the middle and the clump at the top. then take off the drum so you got the exposed inner of the rear brake and then take off the protector at the back (careful not to damage the stub) so you can get to the hub bolts (the four around the axel). then the stub axel should be free, slide them up the back (think its numbers face outwards on the nearside and vica versa on the drivers) put the stub bolts back through torque them back up (for the sake of the children please torque them to the correct setting none of this FT nonsense). then return the drum to its rightful position blah blah blah blah etc etc, hey presto should have yourself around -3 degree camber. they say they give -1.5 degrees max but due to the geometries of the car being lower than it should be it equates to more.

right thats that done with, when you come to do just ring me if you are still unsure ok!

chrispy
oh dear christian it is idiot proof i tell thee! i so nearly photo documented the fitting on mine but decided if i struggled so could the rest of the world! i swear i told you they came to pieces aswell hence my superglue speech. baisically set the 0 to 0, then put them on the paper against the correct picture for your car. then the shaded areas you trim away, its like 4 seperate bits in the middle and the clump at the top. then take off the drum so you got the exposed inner of the rear brake and then take off the protector at the back (careful not to damage the stub) so you can get to the hub bolts (the four around the axel). then the stub axel should be free, slide them up the back (think its numbers face outwards on the nearside and vica versa on the drivers) put the stub bolts back through torque them back up (for the sake of the children please torque them to the correct setting none of this FT nonsense). then return the drum to its rightful position blah blah blah blah etc etc, hey presto should have yourself around -3 degree camber. they say they give -1.5 degrees max but due to the geometries of the car being lower than it should be it equates to more.

right thats that done with, when you come to do just ring me if you are still unsure ok!

your so getting a phone call! i am off to the pod i think, you can fit them for me there! :lol:

nah only kidding will have a bash at it, i dont get what you superglued? i have set them to 0 then get the 20 at the top under the arrow on the paper yeah to give maximum camber?

post-362-1214605004_thumb.jpg

do i chop all the way through both discs? is all this glue nonsense to stop the 2 discs slipping round and stay together when fitted ??

NOOOOOOOOOB i just cant be arsed ballsing it up!

gofasterpinch

christian you DOUCHE BAG. i will try and get down to northwest vag on tuesday and discuss above camber shims with you

phillyt1988

shim.jpg

cut the shaded bits and yes cut through both layers of the shim, if you use a stanley and just cut up the indents you can just snap them off at the back and its easier that way. the top cut goes right through the lot and takes the top bit off to clear the brake line bit. glueing them together you'll realise why i said it after you've cut them it just makes life simpler and stops the slipping out of each other!

chrispy

gotcha.... thanks for that!

phillyt1988

further more you gonna get that rear beam off me next weekend? it makes sense and you know it!

Edited by phillyt1988

Poundie

Camber and 185's needed!

Looks superb all the same tho, so jelous :(

sc00byd00byd00

Cars lookin mint Chrispy !!

david657

car is looking top,

VEEDUB89
its been a chaotic afternoon to get my car kinda sorted for tomo!

arch liners are trimmed but catch to fuk on the front, sounds like a have a lolly stick shoved in there! (like you were when you were a kid and on your bike to make it sound like a motorbike! :lol: ) will rectify problem when i have a spare evening this week!

also i nearly set my rear tyres on fire leaving the garage as the back was catching that bad i had smoke bellowing out on the way to my unit haha! i need 185/45 tyres on the rear for definite, then i can get the ride how i want it!

i fiddled with the coilies on the back to eliminate the rear catching, and have some how seemed to have got one side higher than the other rushing but have no time to out it out now! :( will just have to do.

DSC04863.jpg

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04865.jpg

DSC04866.jpg

looking at them there is a 1 inch dish on the fronts and a 2.5 on the rear! :-p

thanks for all the kind comments! i am rally pleased with it

lookin good 8-)8-)

chrispy

blast from the past :lol:

Guest walshc

Gotta love thread excavations :lol:

phillyt1988

its alive! still need my help lol?

sc00byd00byd00
DSC04866.jpg

When you fitted that mk5 GTI Splitter mate, was it a straight fit or did it need some cutting etc to fit to a Mk4 ?

chrispy

all the longer tabs need cutting off to be level with the shorter tabs and then it slides into place, best securing it wth some self tappers.

i left mine tho as it likes to make love with certain speed bumps and i'd rather it come off than damage the rest of my bumper.

its splitter number 3 :lol:

LupLow

This is one of the most perfect polos i have ever seen i can not wait to get mine hats off to you my friend 8-)