Skip to content

New Member...

Featured Replies

Welcome to the 6n2 20vt club mate... you'll love it just like i do.. look forwrad to the progress

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Nice collection of cars!

Regarding Eagle F1's, I'm running them and even though I've got a 6N 16v they're not as grippy as I'd hoped, not in the wet anyway.

Saying that, I would probably still buy them again.

My brother put them on his gf's proton staria gtir and he thought they were amazing... i've never used them before I've always used Yokohama A539's or Avon ZZ3's but he says the F1's are a lot better than both of them so hopefully they'll be ok.

  • Author
hello there and welcome!

I'm interested in selling up at some point and maybe buying a cupra turbo, what where they like to drive, did they feel fast, fun etc?

lovely new car btw :)

Jon

They're nice cars. But they use a mk4 polo chassis with a mk3 front subframe. So the front is wider than the rear which makes for some interesting handling!

There's a lovely sorted Red one for sale atm on Keskin KT1's... was my mates old one and that is a superb car and has every decent mod worth doing on it. Apart from brembo's as they wouldn't fit under the Keskins!

that rs turbo looks sweeeeeet

  • Author
that rs turbo looks sweeeeeet

I'm not a massive Ford person... but i do appreciate the nice ones with nice mods... I always wanted an escort cosworth but the ownership of that RST put me right off. Something went wrong with it every week and it's a good job my brother was a mechanic and my mate had just blew his up so i could constantly nick parts of his.

The old saying "Fix Or Repair Daily" sums it up to be honest... never again. Sticking with VAGs now.

iv been wanting a 1.8t for some time now, each time i see one i just imagine what it would be like to stick one in my 6n haha

keep the steering wheel as it is if i were you, the pefect size for a polo

but i agree with a seat change, thought about some colour concept recaros from a 6n2 or mk3 golf? straight swap & arnt too hard to source

or if youve got time & money some TT seats :p

  • Author

I've asked in the wheels section but I kind of need a quick answer.

Does anyone know if Schmidt Moderline 15" wheels will fit over the 280mm Ibiza Cupra / G60 brakes?????? My mates Ibiza with 16" Keskins on was a tight fit. But not really wanting to go for 16's on this now.

  • Author
iv been wanting a 1.8t for some time now, each time i see one i just imagine what it would be like to stick one in my 6n haha

keep the steering wheel as it is if i were you, the pefect size for a polo

but i agree with a seat change, thought about some colour concept recaros from a 6n2 or mk3 golf? straight swap & arnt too hard to source

or if youve got time & money some TT seats :p

It's a lot of fun mate... i'd reccomend it!

Yeah i'm starting to get used to the steering wheel!

I hadn't thought about colour concept recaro's... they're the same as RST recaro's aren't they?

I had thought about TT seats but they're not supportive enough for this lil beast!!!!

Are you married?

:paranoid:

:lol:

^^^ :lol::lol: ^^^

were you over on scn steve?

  • Author
Are you married?

:paranoid:

:lol:

Sorry i'm being slow and don't get it!

  • Author
^^^ :lol::lol: ^^^

were you over on scn steve?

I was but stopped going on there as it was full of idiots to be honest. I made a couple of good friends from there but the majority were just idiots.

Can't even remember my username as it was a fair while ago.

Bet you think D16rrt's a guy don't you?

^^^ :lol::lol: ^^^

were you over on scn steve?

I was but stopped going on there as it was full of idiots to be honest. I made a couple of good friends from there but the majority were just idiots.

Can't even remember my username as it was a fair while ago.

i remember chatting (online) to a few chaps on there with ibiza cupra's one of them sold up and bought a 106 gti, thought it may have been you... my username was olethalb and i had a yellow cupra with bbs splits.

wasn't the best place tbh, plenty of knowledge but not very freindly if you weren't in the click.

i'm on ukmkiv's mainly now as i have a bora 2.0 i've converted to run 20vt k04 power @ around 270bhp, they are a real decent bunch of chaps who are always happy to help.

Olly.

  • Author
Bet you think D16rrt's a guy don't you?

I now find the funny side of that! Thanks! :-)

  • Author
^^^ :lol::lol: ^^^

were you over on scn steve?

I was but stopped going on there as it was full of idiots to be honest. I made a couple of good friends from there but the majority were just idiots.

Can't even remember my username as it was a fair while ago.

i remember chatting (online) to a few chaps on there with ibiza cupra's one of them sold up and bought a 106 gti, thought it may have been you... my username was olethalb and i had a yellow cupra with bbs splits.

wasn't the best place tbh, plenty of knowledge but not very freindly if you weren't in the click.

i'm on ukmkiv's mainly now as i have a bora 2.0 i've converted to run 20vt k04 power @ around 270bhp, they are a real decent bunch of chaps who are always happy to help.

Olly.

There were some fantastic members on there with so much knowledge... but as you say... very clicky! If you didn't have a FMIC then you weren't in the click!! :lol:

Bora sounds rude! I really like them.

Bet you think D16rrt's a guy don't you?

I now find the funny side of that! Thanks! :-)

I changed my tag line a few weeks too early :lol:

Giggity Giggity :-p

  • Author
Bet you think D16rrt's a guy don't you?

I now find the funny side of that! Thanks! :-)

I changed my tag line a few weeks too early :lol:

Giggity Giggity :-p

:lol: I thought i had said something to suggest I was under the thumb!

I'm only 21 though so no wife yet! :lol:

You were way off :lol::-p

Love the collection off cars, I'm a fan of the RST but not in red :cry: Ruined it! I really like the 6n2 BEAST, I think it needs Dirrt to drive it, just to make sure it's safe and that you can handle the powah :nod:

Welcome to the club dude :smirk:

  • Author
You were way off :lol::-p

Love the collection off cars, I'm a fan of the RST but not in red :cry: Ruined it! I really like the 6n2 BEAST, I think it needs Dirrt to drive it, just to make sure it's safe and that you can handle the powah :nod:

Welcome to the club dude :smirk:

You can take it for a spin! It's a lot of fun! I'm coping with the power so far. I'll probably be wanting to go IHI in a few months!

Thanks a lot!

  • Author

And IMO Red was the best colour ERST. That one is still imo one of the best looking ones i've ever seen with the smoothed bumpers and escos wheels.

You can take it for a spin! It's a lot of fun! I'm coping with the power so far. I'll probably be wanting to go IHI in a few months!

Thanks a lot!

See that Panda... That's love right there :nod: I'ma deffo take you up on that offer :-p

A man that trusts a woman with his car? :unibrow:

:smirk:

We'll agree to disagree then haha! White all the way for me and S1 is deffo on my wish list. My mates got a white S2, fucked about with it for years, gave up on it, sold it and got it back recently after 5 years, he said I'm allowed to drive that t'other day so that will be an interesting experience for me...

  • Author

Possibly a mercury grey one would be nice.

I didn't think White suited the S2. the S1 looked superb though.

But seriously... a nightmare care to live with. It torque steered accross 2 lanes in third! Then it broke everytime you floored it. Or the starter motor would get too hot as it was right by the turbo and then wouldn't work so it had to be bump started...... crap car imo. Would be fun as a weekend toy but far too fragile for everyday.

Where as the polo is quicker, newer, better looking and easily driveable everyday! I'm in love!

  • Author
You can take it for a spin! It's a lot of fun! I'm coping with the power so far. I'll probably be wanting to go IHI in a few months!

Thanks a lot!

See that Panda... That's love right there :nod: I'ma deffo take you up on that offer :-p

A man that trusts a woman with his car? :unibrow:

:smirk:

We'll agree to disagree then haha! White all the way for me and S1 is deffo on my wish list. My mates got a white S2, fucked about with it for years, gave up on it, sold it and got it back recently after 5 years, he said I'm allowed to drive that t'other day so that will be an interesting experience for me...

My S2 was about 240bhp and was an interesting drive with the LSD.

My gf is wanting me to put her on the insurance as she wants a go (she was too scared to drive the TT) but i don't think she knows what she's letting herself in for! And tbh she's not driving it yet... she's only ever driven a 1.4 206!!!!!!!!! Never letting her loose in this for a long time!!!!!!

Brother used to have a mercury grey s2 but he sold it for the same reasons, seemed that something else kept going wrong with it every week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.