Skip to content

New Member...

Featured Replies

  • Author
Brother used to have a mercury grey s2 but he sold it for the same reasons, seemed that something else kept going wrong with it every week.

They're a nightmare! But one of those iconic cars I just had to have. I didn't want it for the 'boy racer' look, I just wanted something a bit old skool and Ford and for me that was old skool enough!!!!!!! A few friends (a bit older than me) are really into Fords and 1 has a lush mk1 mexico running a 2.25 pinto lump on webber 48's and that is beautiful and very fast!

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb 6n2. Not my favorite Polo but the best looking 'modern' one and with a galvanised shell,this sleeper looks as good as any I've seen from the outside.

Performance must be off the scale,though I'm not a fan of 'charged induction.

Id have the interior standard myself,but this still ranks as one of my favorite modern Polos.

I think they look awesome and they sound great. There's a guy that owns a grey one too and a sierra cosworth, both pristine. Think that's what got my brother into them. Think I might own one in the future.

  • Author

Thanks mate. I'm still a fan of the older ones, my mate had a burgundy Mk3 Genesis decked on 14" BBS's years ago which I loved then a G40 after that.

Turbo's make me smile!

Nice collection of cars!

Regarding Eagle F1's, I'm running them and even though I've got a 6N 16v they're not as grippy as I'd hoped, not in the wet anyway.

Saying that, I would probably still buy them again.

My brother put them on his gf's proton staria gtir and he thought they were amazing... i've never used them before I've always used Yokohama A539's or Avon ZZ3's but he says the F1's are a lot better than both of them so hopefully they'll be ok.

Oh Christ yeah :lol:

I've had A539's before (albeit on 14's) and I thought they were shit in the wet, brilliant in the dry though.

F1's are definitely a better all-rounder but I may try something else next.

I spoke to someone with a 311bhp 2.0T Leon and he swears by Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (took me ages to get the right spelling on google) and having read reviews most people seem to love them!

  • Author
Nice collection of cars!

Regarding Eagle F1's, I'm running them and even though I've got a 6N 16v they're not as grippy as I'd hoped, not in the wet anyway.

Saying that, I would probably still buy them again.

My brother put them on his gf's proton staria gtir and he thought they were amazing... i've never used them before I've always used Yokohama A539's or Avon ZZ3's but he says the F1's are a lot better than both of them so hopefully they'll be ok.

Oh Christ yeah :lol:

I've had A539's before (albeit on 14's) and I thought they were shit in the wet, brilliant in the dry though.

F1's are definitely a better all-rounder but I may try something else next.

I spoke to someone with a 311bhp 2.0T Leon and he swears by Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (took me ages to get the right spelling on google) and having read reviews most people seem to love them!

Yeah they're similar to the Yokohama Parada Spec2's. Don't think they do them in 15" though :(

I thought the A539's were awesome in the dry. Not bothered about wet performance as with 280+bhp through the front wheels i'm never gonna get traction in the wet!!!

Are the F1's better in the dry to the A539's???

Are the F1's better in the dry to the A539's???

I don't think there's much in it really. In the dry I've had tyre screech though corners a few times on F1's but never really managed it on the Yokos! :paranoid:

Interested to see what you make of them though as you're running ALOT more power :lol:

My S2 was about 240bhp and was an interesting drive with the LSD.

My gf is wanting me to put her on the insurance as she wants a go (she was too scared to drive the TT) but i don't think she knows what she's letting herself in for! And tbh she's not driving it yet... she's only ever driven a 1.4 206!!!!!!!!! Never letting her loose in this for a long time!!!!!!

Niceeee :nod:

:paranoid: Really? Haha! Don't do itttttttt! :lol:

Not my favorite Polo but the best looking 'modern' one

Sopt on, same for me Mikey :nod:

I need a Turbo in my life to make me smile!

Did you say you have owned a G40? Genesis? Or your mate did?

  • Author
Are the F1's better in the dry to the A539's???

I don't think there's much in it really. In the dry I've had tyre screech though corners a few times on F1's but never really managed it on the Yokos! :paranoid:

Interested to see what you make of them though as you're running ALOT more power :lol:

If they only last 5k miles on the front i'll be happy as long as they grip a bit!!!!

I'm just considering Toyo R888's on the front. But that can be a trial and error thing in the future! I need to try a set though!

  • Author
My S2 was about 240bhp and was an interesting drive with the LSD.

My gf is wanting me to put her on the insurance as she wants a go (she was too scared to drive the TT) but i don't think she knows what she's letting herself in for! And tbh she's not driving it yet... she's only ever driven a 1.4 206!!!!!!!!! Never letting her loose in this for a long time!!!!!!

Niceeee :nod:

:paranoid: Really? Haha! Don't do itttttttt! :lol:

Not my favorite Polo but the best looking 'modern' one

Sopt on, same for me Mikey :nod:

I need a Turbo in my life to make me smile!

Did you say you have owned a G40? Genesis? Or your mate did?

No that was one of my friends. I nearly got a Genesis for my first car but then didn't.

Another mate has a mint mk2 driver on BBS RM's and a mk1 restoration project, another has a lupo gti and a mini turbo van which is silly quick, so i'm in good company!!!!

I had A539s on my 20vT 6n, was on 14s and they werent bad at all in the dry, pointless putting the power down in the wet, as you said)

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

all them cars are badd man, especially enjoying the 6n2 though, soo nice.

Alex

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

No one likes a bragger Craig :disgust::-p

  • Author
I had A539s on my 20vT 6n, was on 14s and they werent bad at all in the dry, pointless putting the power down in the wet, as you said)

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

:shock: What brakes did you have under 14" wheels!?!?!?!?

  • Author
all them cars are badd man, especially enjoying the 6n2 though, soo nice.

Alex

Thanks mate!

  • Author

I've just had Goodyear Eagle F1's fitted all round which I'm pleased to say on the short drive from the tyre place back to work are bloody amazing! I bearly got them heated up and they're superb! I've got full traction in 2nd!!!!!! I'm over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I had it up on the ramps me and my brother (he's the mechanic at the place) were having a look underneath and it looks like it's been converted very well. It's gonna need a new diff seal soon probably.

And i can't help thinking the std GTI back box must be stupidly restrictive so I'm gonna speak to a few cust exhaust fabricators to see what they can do for me as I still want the exhaust hidden. Should release a few more horses though (not that I need it at this stage!).

Really really really happy with it at the moment and especially after having it up on the ramps and seeing that things are all ok!!!!!!

Must've put your mind at ease then eh, Steve. Can't wait to see what your next plans are :)

  • Author
Must've put your mind at ease then eh, Steve. Can't wait to see what your next plans are :)

Oh yes! I can now throw it about in the bends a bit now too! I used to sh*t myself everytime I come to a corner before with budget tyres on!

Plus knowing the conversion HAS been done well is nice to know whilst checking all the brakes, suspension (which is being dropped at the front slightly), and everything else is ok is very nice to know!

nice purchase steve!

those bucket seats sit awfully in that car, look way too big!

looking forward to seeing your plans!!

I had A539s on my 20vT 6n, was on 14s and they werent bad at all in the dry, pointless putting the power down in the wet, as you said)

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

:shock: What brakes did you have under 14" wheels!?!?!?!?

standard cl brakes! :lol:

  • Author
I had A539s on my 20vT 6n, was on 14s and they werent bad at all in the dry, pointless putting the power down in the wet, as you said)

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

:shock: What brakes did you have under 14" wheels!?!?!?!?

standard cl brakes! :lol:

:shock::shock::shock::lol:

And that is why I love him 8-):lol:

Edited by D16RRT

  • Author
nice purchase steve!

those bucket seats sit awfully in that car, look way too big!

looking forward to seeing your plans!!

Thanks mate.

It's due to them being bolted from the bottom rather than using aftermarket subframes and bolting them from the side.

They're bloody nice seats and me being quite a big guy (not a fatty just quite a broad 15stone!) and I still find them really comfortable apart from they are too vertical (almost feels like you're leaning forward) and they don't go back far enough (i'm 6'1"!!!!).

I've found some universal Recaro Subframes which I could use to bolt these through the side of the seats which would obviously lower them a lot as well as being adjustable for the lean angle. But it'd probably mean using 4 point harnesses (unless I could find a safe way of mounting the std seatbelt fastener) which I don't really want to do plus my gf would definately hate it!!!

So depending on the above will depends on what i do with the interior.

I have mounted the sub temporarily as I'd quite like a full Red Leather interior inc parcel shelf and pillars.

I'm just not sure yet and that won't be happening for a few months anyway.

Wheels are next, as soon as I'm back from holiday and i look at how much that's cost me i'll be getting the Schmidts on and lowering it a bit more.

I really can't wait to get cracking but for now i'm just really enjoying it and not abusing it!!!!!! I want to get it on the 1/4 mile ASAP just to see how quick it is atm before i do anymore to it. But I know it's quick!!!!!!!

i cant tell you how much i want 20v power in my 6n2 I'm sooo jealous! i just dont get how you insure it?? isurance company didnt want to know when i called up about it :(

that and the around 7k cost of the conversion!lol

  • Author
i cant tell you how much i want 20v power in my 6n2 I'm sooo jealous! i just dont get how you insure it?? isurance company didnt want to know when i called up about it :(

that and the around 7k cost of the conversion!lol

It's cheaper than my TT to insure as it's basically classed as an Ibiza Cupra which is group 15.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.