Skip to content

New Member...

Featured Replies

I had A539s on my 20vT 6n, was on 14s and they werent bad at all in the dry, pointless putting the power down in the wet, as you said)

Mine was only 234bhp though, but 15s will obviously be better than 14s 8-)

:shock: What brakes did you have under 14" wheels!?!?!?!?

standard cl brakes! :lol:

And the pads were down to metal with warped discs :-D :thumbsup:

:lol:

Nah, i had a slim willwood 4 pot kit on with 256mm discs. Had to get custom carriers made though :thumbsdown:

While the carriers were being made, i just had brembo max 239s and standard polo calipays with pagid fast road pads :-D . They worked just fine and stopped the car well though, wish i never wasted so much money on the willwoods now, as the car was wrote off a month later :crybaby:

  • Replies 90
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the pads were down to metal with warped discs :-D :thumbsup:

:lol:

Nah, i had a slim willwood 4 pot kit on with 256mm discs. Had to get custom carriers made though :thumbsdown:

While the carriers were being made, i just had brembo max 239s and standard polo calipays with pagid fast road pads :-D . They worked just fine and stopped the car well though, wish i never wasted so much money on the willwoods now, as the car was wrote off a month later :crybaby:

god rest its little sole!

steve i would like to see some 16 inch one piece modernlines, if the arches will allow them....the concave spoked style, are they available in 16x7.5j??

  • Author
And the pads were down to metal with warped discs :-D :thumbsup:

:lol:

Nah, i had a slim willwood 4 pot kit on with 256mm discs. Had to get custom carriers made though :thumbsdown:

While the carriers were being made, i just had brembo max 239s and standard polo calipays with pagid fast road pads :-D . They worked just fine and stopped the car well though, wish i never wasted so much money on the willwoods now, as the car was wrote off a month later :crybaby:

god rest its little sole!

steve i would like to see some 16 inch one piece modernlines, if the arches will allow them....the concave spoked style, are they available in 16x7.5j??

It does seem that there's more than 1 type of modernlines.

If I went 16's then they'd have to be wider on the rears and that would mean 9's i think which i've been told won't fit.

I'd prefer to stick with 15's as i'm probably gonna go through a set of front tyres every other month and at £50 each for Goodyear F1's i can't complain, when it starts getting into the £100 each then it's a bit annoying!

And the pads were down to metal with warped discs :-D :thumbsup:

:lol:

Nah, i had a slim willwood 4 pot kit on with 256mm discs. Had to get custom carriers made though :thumbsdown:

While the carriers were being made, i just had brembo max 239s and standard polo calipays with pagid fast road pads :-D . They worked just fine and stopped the car well though, wish i never wasted so much money on the willwoods now, as the car was wrote off a month later :crybaby:

god rest its little sole!

steve i would like to see some 16 inch one piece modernlines, if the arches will allow them....the concave spoked style, are they available in 16x7.5j??

It does seem that there's more than 1 type of modernlines.

If I went 16's then they'd have to be wider on the rears and that would mean 9's i think which i've been told won't fit.

I'd prefer to stick with 15's as i'm probably gonna go through a set of front tyres every other month and at £50 each for Goodyear F1's i can't complain, when it starts getting into the £100 each then it's a bit annoying!

you can get 9s on the rear mate just need a littlearch work doing. I'm runnin 8s wi 25mm spacers effectively 9j and its fine, cant go low but hey

  • Author

What offset are your wheels buddy?

that is a COOL hood!!

loving the air vent, I'm super jealous!!

And the pads were down to metal with warped discs :-D :thumbsup:

:lol:

Nah, i had a slim willwood 4 pot kit on with 256mm discs. Had to get custom carriers made though :thumbsdown:

While the carriers were being made, i just had brembo max 239s and standard polo calipays with pagid fast road pads :-D . They worked just fine and stopped the car well though, wish i never wasted so much money on the willwoods now, as the car was wrote off a month later :crybaby:

god rest its little sole!

steve i would like to see some 16 inch one piece modernlines, if the arches will allow them....the concave spoked style, are they available in 16x7.5j??

They are available mate.. i have a set of them in 4x100 too.. 16x 7.5 all round.. everything for sale for the right price

cheers

this is a awsome car mate I'm building a 6n with a 20vt hoping to have it ready for ultimate dubs next year.are you going to edition 38 in this i would like to see it in the flesh.bet its great fun i cant wait till i get mine on the road.

I bet this things well fast, I'm yet to drive anythihng faster than the 1.3 corsa I learned in.

Love that RST too, used to be well into fords before dubs.

Can't wait to see the Integra seats in it, I reckon it'll make a big difference.

  • Author
I bet this things well fast, I'm yet to drive anythihng faster than the 1.3 corsa I learned in.

Love that RST too, used to be well into fords before dubs.

Can't wait to see the Integra seats in it, I reckon it'll make a big difference.

Thanks mate.

I'm still debating on what to do... buy a set of minters for £700 ish and leave them std or get sheaper ones and get them retrimmed???

Not sure if the red leather would suit the big recaro's plus they might be a bit slippery!?

I reckon they'd look mint in red leather, as alot of them are already red alcantara I believe?

Hmm, depending what you're doing with it they may be a little slippy, but they're buckets, or bucket like, so they should hold you in? :-)

  • Author

Yeah I'm just not sure.

I'm now even thinking of the blue Integra Type R seats to match the blue dials etc, painting my calipers blue, and having that as my 'theme'.

I swaying to the idea of leaving the rear stripped but putting in a false floor and leaving the front seats in the original material.

I snapped the rear stabiliser mount last night... which has obviously snapped before and whoever repaired it needs shooting. It's being done now properly so should be bulletproof once it's done.

will u be going to e38 mate?

  • Author

maybe. more likely to be at players in september but the car will probably end up in the car park as it's not really show std imo.

nore is mine mate but dont let that stop u :D get it in show and grime so i can have a look!!

u got to come e38 dude its mega

hey steve, glad your happy mate. plans sound wicked, i think the modernlines should fit over the brakes fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.