Jarno6N

mk4 Polo 1.8 20v bi-turbo on ITB's

neil_dubgt

bonkers

i right want a go

captin_urbis
-bi-turbo'd (2 Garreth turbo's)

right my mate pointed this out on the E38 thread....garreth turbos? is that a supermarket brand like asda price turbo? :lol:

also read on E38 it were over 500bhp is this true?! hope so!! that would be fucking mental.....bet u need arni arms to control the torque steer :lol:

but looks sweet (the engine) not to keen on the smooth bay etc though, but hey with this engine i jus wudnt give a toss!!

hows your dutch?? :lol: gotta give jarno the odd spelling mishap! it "is" not it "were" and yes it is! :p

and whos this arni with the arms????? :lol::lol::lol:

david.

hahah david i never new he was dutch :lol:

and i do beleive arnold schwarzenegger lol just incase u forgot who .....

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Jarno6N
hahah david i never new he was dutch :lol:

We're Dutch as blazin' in up in public next to a copper in Amsterdam baby! :lol:

And yes, it's going for 500+ BHP, last dyno/rolling road was set on over 400BHP (pic included at start-post) but that was the old set-up with a single throttle, small intercooler, lower boost-pressure, and a lot of wheelspin in fifth gear :lol: According to the mechanics at VanKronenburg Motorsports (world-wide respected Dutch performance company) it should push about 450bhp with the current set-up, and all the new bits and bobs should get it over 500bhp 8-) should be so, since Carlo Hulsen had an almost identical set-up in his mk2 Golf, and pushed out a fairly nice 635bhp 8-) (prove = Carlo's engine in the testbench)

• Like 1

Jarno6N
Evver thought of going 4wd??

Ever thought over all the hassle of welding & modding the entire lower chassis that takes? :shock: I have to admit, it would greatly improve traction and all, but it's just almost impossible to get it done properly, and in such a way that it will pass Dutch regulations for road-vehicle-modifications

tom.n

yeah it would help alot with that sort of power but would cost ££££s i looked into it for my polo 6n there is a 6n2 over here getting it done now with 400bhp i think

captin_urbis

just watching the vid....384IBS torque...doesnt sound right to me....but then again it will be tuned for maximum power...hence the 635bhp :lol: and its a 2L? i take it its been bored out or u have just put the 1.8 20v head onto the newer 2L bottom end?

FUCK ME that outlet manifold!!!! getting to formula 1 temps by the look of the glow!

and 500+ through the front wheels alone? i must say i wudnt trust that :lol: what diff are u using then?

Gugz

THE BEST 6N POLO EVER... i've always loved this car, and always will :oops: :oops: :oops:

yorks
just watching the vid....384IBS torque...doesnt sound right to me....but then again it will be tuned for maximum power...hence the 635bhp :lol: and its a 2L? i take it its been bored out or u have just put the 1.8 20v head onto the newer 2L bottom end?

FUCK ME that outlet manifold!!!! getting to formula 1 temps by the look of the glow!

and 500+ through the front wheels alone? i must say i wudnt trust that :lol: what diff are u using then?

the torque is i little low on 600 ponys I'm runing that amount and only high 400s

Andy

Bet it's really entertaining to drive! :lol:

What times does it get in sprints?

just watching the vid....384IBS torque...doesnt sound right to me....

the torque is i little low on 600 ponys I'm runing that amount and only high 400s

My Saab's only 270bhp or so at crank, but kicks out 365lb/ft. But big turbo(s), lairy cams and lots of revs = high hp and (relatively!) low torque. If you want 600bhp and 600lb/ft then more capacity (or nitrous) is the way to go.

Jarno6N

First off all, they're not my engine's or cars, but belong to friends of mine ;)

Carlo's 2.0 20v bi-turbo ITB set-up uses a 2.0 TDI crank, therefore displaces 2 liters. Plus 2 smaller turbo's can kick out a lot of BHP's, but less torque, which is unneeded for on frontwheeldrive cars.

Carlo's runs a Quaife LSD, Jeroen has ordered a Wavetrac LSD for his. And yes, all passes onto the road by the front-wheels of these cars :lol:

Jarno6N

Progress was made today, final pieces of the car have been primed today, hopefully the car is smooth and ready for paint at the end of the week!

Some pic's along the way today:

Jeroen (the owner of the mk4) his dad sanding down the rear-arches:

09032010142.jpg

Jeroen himself airblasting all the dust of and out the car:

09032010144.jpg

Ready to enter the spray-booth:

09032010146.jpg

And Jeroen's old man again working the spray-gun:

09032010148.jpg

09032010151.jpg

09032010153.jpg

09032010155.jpg

And if you get too close, he gets pissed at you :D

09032010149.jpg

Guest initialbmx

i want it , anyone want to buy my granny. i can throw my mum in too but she would be a bit noisy.

just slap her with a couple of hammers and she goes quiet for a couple of hours.

the car is awesome by the way.

Jarno6N
i want it , anyone want to buy my granny. i can throw my mum in too but she would be a bit noisy.

just slap her with a couple of hammers and she goes quiet for a couple of hours.

the car is awesome by the way.

Got any fit sisters or cousins (female of course) for offer? Maybe he'll consider those, don't think your mum or granny will stand a chance, he's looking for an age ranging from 18 to 30 :lol:

Jarno6N

The gearbox-halves and some more parts of the engine came back from the ball-polisher:

15032010050.jpg

And yesterday the insides of the car got their colour (the clear varnish came on last night after this picture was taken)

15032010049.jpg

Djsimmy

this is the biggest shit box i have ever seen!

:ninja:

Jarno6N

Update-time:

New rubbers etc.

12032010043.jpg

Better picture of the engine-bay painted

15032010052.jpg

Gear is back to get re-assembled, with a Wavetrac LSD and ARP-bolts to mount the LSD

15032010056.jpg

New subframe and steering-rack, with fresh gloss black paint

18032010059.jpg

chrispy

as said on e38 jarno truly awesome!

richard16vg40

nice looking 6n..

Jarno is busy with Jeroen,s Topic and updates :p

Jarno6N

The big man who owns it asked me to thank you lads for the compliments.

@ Richard: a well, he's not the uploading and international-forum kind of guy, always busy on his Dubs. Plus helping out friends is always fun, it beats sanding down that car, got the nostrals filled with dust again after today :lol:

coolkast_6n2gtiturbo

amazing project!

hope to see the car shining at MIVW this year.

a hell of a job, but with the right resources the job will be in good hands.

does Carlo remap the ECU when the build is finished?

Jarno6N

Hey Michael! No, I don't think Carlo's going to re-map the KMS, other then the cams, new actuators + deleted wastegate's there's not much difference in Jeroen's set-up, so no need for a full re-map, maybe some fine-tuning, but nothing wild though

cushman89

what a car , this is a un-believe topic .

if you dont mind me asking how much is costing you around to get done ?

Jarno6N
what a car , this is a un-believe topic .

if you dont mind me asking how much is costing you around to get done ?

Well, to be honoust it's a rather cheap project for me, actually I didn't spend a single euro on it, but then again, it's not my project :p I'm justing posting it up for a non-english-speaking friend of mine ;)

Some pictures of the final look last night. We spend our sunday afternoon and evening prepping the body for it's final paint, covered al the already painted insides etc. and smoothed the entire shell

21032010184.jpg

21032010185.jpg

21032010186.jpg

And that's the owner giving it a final inspection before locking it in the spray-booth, with some good luck it'll be done and in colour tonight 8-)

21032010181.jpg

21032010183.jpg