m4ttyf

vwnw - Tatton Park

K03
Right I finally have confirmation of 25 places and I do need to fill them as I've been asked to I've also been asked to provide 25 top class polos I think little dents are allowed but big scratches ratlook rust I dont think so I need pics posting to me of your cars for approval dan I know your car is near mint so yes it's on so long as you can make it but I really can't stress enough I need at least one of every model please people lets prove to the rest of the vw scene that we can make a good display

since when did they have to be 'top class'? its all to do with stand presentation more than the cars but wirhout banners etc, the stand will just look like a random bunch of cars anyway.

I've got a dent BUT i haven't had the time nor money to get it fixed so its unfair to people who dont have the cash to throw at their cars.

malaga red

I have several small dents (twats in car parks and previous owner) and tiny rust bubbles, and have no money to repair them, i dont even have a job at the moment, yet i still manage to keep it looking pretty good. Dont jump to the conclusion that all of us 'Have the cash to throw at their cars'. I for one definately don't. Are you having a go at Matt (he didnt set the rules)?, or at Tatton Park? Its a special display, so its understandable they dont want rat look cars with rusty bonnets etc. Yours only has one dent, so i'm sure there would be no problem with that! It wont look like a bunch of random cars, as they will be arranged in order of the age, and will be properly organised.

Edited by malaga red

m4ttyf

As dan said I'm only repeating what I've been told by Julie from vwnw the display can have 25 cars and they would like them top class or as nice as possible for me I'm not troubled slight dents and rust bubbles arent going to ruin the display they just want it to look like a nice display not a load of dirty rat look cars

Yeti

Am I right in thinking this is something distinct from the normal CP stand?

As a club, we appreciate all Polos for what they are to their owner, from the concours mk1, to the used and abused daily, to the brand new 6r, to the "fuck what it looks like, it's what it goes like" cars like jon's :)

m4ttyf

it is steve yeah its a display on its own not a club polo display

Yeti

Cool cool - Probably worth spelling that out in the title and first post :)

mark_crox

Updated the first post for you.... :thumbsup:

1. m4ttyf (mk3 polo coupe)

2. mrbenpololoon (mk2 polo saloon)

3. malaga red (Arctic Blue coupe)

4. Pascoe92 (mk2 polo saloon)

5. Andy (77 mk1 polo)....If I have it ready for then!

6. POvwLO (Rag top mk3 coupe)

7. max_crox (mk2 1.6 16v)

pascoe92
as they will be arranged in order of the age, and will be properly organised.

maybe arranged in order of age but what else.... if you look at other displays and club stands they usual have some sort of flags or banners etc something to liven up the stand

and can we please have confirmation from VWNW what they would like and not just "top class" as for what one person classes as top class may not be to the standard of someone elses standard of top class?

MoustacheG40

8. Brett (Mk3 AFH)

harris.racing

Mines pretty tidy, but according to Toby I'm also in Germany haha

m4ttyf

right we are full on mk3 and mk2s then we need 6ns 6n2s 9ns 9n3s 6rs and mk1s

edited first post

Edited by m4ttyf

pascoe92
Alright people I've just received very good news from the organisers of tatton park they are letting me organise a polo display so this is a shout really calling all polo drivers of every model need a few of each shape at least doesn't matter if there concourse or rat they are welcome lets show the show scene that polos are still there and there not to be ignored or sneared at

PLEASE READ

this is not a club polo or polo3 stand those will be stands on there own this is a special display for the polo model no matter where from i will run a reseves list for extra cars but please send me a picture of your car so i know whats expected thank you

might be good idea just to post it up in the thread when adding your name to the list

K03
fuck what it looks like, it's what it goes like" cars like jon's :)

i kinda give a shit but the most people ever see of mine is the back end disappearing into the distance! cruising at 100mph ftw :lol:

mrbenpololoon

my cars a bit ruff still, you may have seen it at tatton last year on the cp stand but I'm hopefully going to get it painted this year. so you can put me as a reserve for now

jonPDpolo

Should be available to stick the 5 on, am sure Cal would be game too :-)

8. Brett (Mk3 AFH)

9. Jon (Derv 6n2)

m4ttyf

fantastic bud cheers

forbes-1234

Mint show and just round the corner from me, my car should definately be finished by August to!

8. Brett (Mk3 AFH)

9. Jon (Derv 6n2)

10. forbes-1234 (MK3 16v msefi)

Edited by forbes-1234

mark_crox
right we are full on mk3 and mk2s then we need 6ns 6n2s 9ns 9n3s 6rs and mk1s

I can put a post up on the Facebook page if you would like calling for any interested Mk4+ people.... let me know! :)

m4ttyf

Please do mark I'm going to have a word with vw hq and see if we cant borrow a new gt and such

Forbes your going to have to go on the reserves list as we have enough mk3 polo's albeit I do have a plan more shall be revealed nearer the time

m4ttyf

Reserves list

1. Forbes 1234 mk3 coupe

2. Karlos mk2 coupe/mk3 coupe/mk2 loon

And guys will you please submit a picture so I can see the condition of the display car's as I really don't want to turn up on the day to find a rat car has got on over a nice example of a polo

Edited by m4ttyf

MaxGT

Ill be coming to this matty, so if theres space ill jump on with the breadie. If not then ill just go on the CP stand.

m4ttyf

the breadie is pretty straight isnt it max

just had a word with vws press office and i may have the new 6r models sorted

Edited by m4ttyf

forbes-1234

I'm sure by the time comes round a few people will have dropped out.

I'll get some pictures of my car up once it has been finished.

m4ttyf

cheers forbes yeah usually we do have people drop out of the runnings so its a very real possibility you will be on stand