Skip to content

My Polo Coupe S - Project Part deux

Featured Replies

Looking awesome Mark, you taking this round blyton in August?! :D

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 297.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • mark_crox
    mark_crox

    I don't know what you mean......

  • Right a bit of an update is over due me thinks. Last August I noticed some rust under the sill trims.. Luckily is was only light surface stuff where there was a thin covering of paint. So after cryin

  • Cheers Simon. I does go well and the more miles I put on the engine the quicker it seems to get :) Not really done much apart from completing the 2000 mile european road trip. Hit Polo Treffen in Ho

Posted Images

  • Author
Very nice mate,how much would I be looking at if I wanted my headlining looking as sweet as yours?

Cheers, Its was around the 200 quid mark that's with quite a few extra bits though, and them fitting my sunroof as well.

Looking awesome Mark, you taking this round blyton in August?! :D

Tar... of course I am!! :) I have to try out the harness mounts that I have had welding in!! :)

:thumbsup:
  • Author

Few little updates :)

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

wiring loom in

IMAG0224.jpg

Heater

IMAG0225.jpg

Lots of the engine wired in

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

rear loom, front belts and parcel shelf sides in

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

Front lights, door handles, wing mirror and rear lights

picked up one of these. I'll be using the original tape deck and this will allow me to play MP3's from my phone/SD/USB stick.

IMAG0235.jpg

Looking immense mark!

  • Author
Looking immense mark!

Tar :)

More updates..

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

mate. that looks awesome.

springfest? :p crack on!

Wow! That looks brilliant. Like it just rolled off the production line

Looks more like it's been plucked off the production line part of the way through. The front end looks amazing, how did you get the bumper and grille looking so fresh?

looking amazing mate!

Bet its a massively fun job as each bit makes it look so much better as you go!

Bit early for congrats so have a congr...!

  • Author

haha cheers :)

The grill and the bumpers were just cleaned with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care. They were in a bad way before and I'm really surprised how well they came up!

Trial fitted the stickers for the guys at PanelnPaint to attach this week

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Also I've been painting

DSC00338.jpg

looking good. ill give you £50 for it mate :lol:

Awesome :)

How come your putting stickers on the B pillars and not the plastic trims?

  • Author
How come your putting stickers on the B pillars and not the plastic trims?

which trims? everything will be going back no apart from the side rubbing strips... but even those might be fitted :-)

  • Author

spent the day changing this

DSC00339.jpg

to this ready for painting

IMAG0243-1.jpg

also test fitted the new gaskets

IMAG0244.jpg

Canada???

Seeing those interior shots makes me wish I'd stripped mine bare like this. That said, it's solid enough not to need it yet. I fancy taking the engine and interior out in a few years to make the rest of it as good as the bits painted last year, but then I'm sick of it being off the road so it'll be a while haha!

Can't wait to see this in the metal though. Sadly I'll be in Germany while Stanford Hall is on - and that's just down the road from me too. :(

Canada???

x2

Why would it be made in Canada when the rest of the car was built in Spain (?) using parts from Spain, France and Germany...

The ally end plates on my AEA were made in Canada. My uncle, who used to work for VW parts is adamant that VW never had parts made in Canada.

Matt, the coupe has thin vinyl/plastic stickers on the B pilars, whereas the bready has those ridges plastic trims.

This is awesome mate!!

wooo, my cam cover making an appearance :p

this is stunning :)

  • Author

Thanks guys... :)

Canada???

Seeing those interior shots makes me wish I'd stripped mine bare like this. That said, it's solid enough not to need it yet. I fancy taking the engine and interior out in a few years to make the rest of it as good as the bits painted last year, but then I'm sick of it being off the road so it'll be a while haha!

Can't wait to see this in the metal though. Sadly I'll be in Germany while Stanford Hall is on - and that's just down the road from me too. :(

Yeah I thought it was strange that it was made in Canada... but thats what it says!!

Well it really it touch and go to see if I can get it done for Stanford but I'm trying my best and I'll be gutted if its not..

wooo, my cam cover making an appearance :p

Yes.... It looked liked I killed something after I got all that bloody paint off!!

Picked up some new driveshafts today..

DSC00342.jpg

Never seen new ones before. Something I did notice though is the long drive shaft does not have the balance weight mounted on it in the centre of the shaft so i'll just take one from the old one

where did you get the new driveshafts from Mark please pm me if you can and how much were they bet not cheap but it maybe the only option for the front syncro shafts i need

oh and btw nice going its all looking great yours is probably the complete opposite to what I'm doing lol

Edited by StinkyPete

think he got them off someone on here i saw the thread earlier

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.