Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwijibo_coupe

• Buxton

• citrus

• MikeyMK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a decent turn out at the Club Polo track day last year so I have spoken to Mazda On Track to organise another one this year. It will be held at Blyton Park again on the 16th July. For those tha

Haven't got many that came out that decent, need a proper lense...              

Brilliant day, shame more couldn't attend weather was great and a really chilled out atmosphere.  

Posted Images

No, nothing like that. So long as your car is capable of passing an MOT, it's fine. If you have a removable tow eye, screw it in before you go out, but that's about it really.

daz_derby

sweet sounds like me and the car are all good to go then, small track day on a local sprint track this thursday but i can't see any issues arising 

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone staying in or around Blyton on the Friday or Saturday night? 

Myself and Steven will be staying a few miles from the track, be good to go for a pint :P

Buxton
On 4 July 2016 at 18:48, citrus said:

Is anyone staying in or around Blyton on the Friday or Saturday night? 

Myself and Steven will be staying a few miles from the track, be good to go for a pint :P

i will be a few miles from blyton about 7 mins drive, keen for a pint! Was planning on getting some food at a pub somewere anyway if you can reccomend anywere. Or want to join for some food friday night? 

We stayed at the Black Horse Blyton last year and the pub food was good, don't mind going a bit further. Theres probably a few options in Gainsborough.

Buxton
2 hours ago, citrus said:

We stayed at the Black Horse Blyton last year and the pub food was good, don't mind going a bit further. Theres probably a few options in Gainsborough.

Im about 9 mins from that pub, could

get a group of us? Im trying to save abit of money so i booked a campsite for a tenner ? My drive isnt too bad compared to yours.

Buxton

What spares is everyone bringing? I have spare rear wheel bearing dizzy cap rota, few bits of pipe, tools jubilee clips couple cans of petrol. Jack and axle stand.

Adding the spline tool for drive shafts into my tool kit now. Water and oil ect 

and yeah could go into Gainsborough if thiers somewere good.  

kwijibo_coupe

I'm just going to take tools and a spare alternator belt this year. Last year I took a heap and it was just a pain carrying it all about. 

Buxton
2 hours ago, kwijibo_coupe said:

I'm just going to take tools and a spare alternator belt this year. Last year I took a heap and it was just a pain carrying it all about. 

Im allways worried somethings gonna brake and dont wanna ruin the day ?

I'll be taking a heap of spares, cables, bolts etc. 

Had as a few things come loose last year so I'll be havin a check over after every go.

Hopefully I'll get more than 10 minutes out of my brakes this time...

kwijibo_coupe

Unfortunately @daz_derby has had to pull out. But this means there is a space available if anyone wants it last minute.

If anyone is interested please PM me and have payment ready.

kwijibo_coupe

Hi guys,

Right I've had confirmation of the plan for the day etc.

Sign in starts at 7:30 with the briefing at 8:30. Sighting laps at 9. Then after the sighting laps the morning is split into sessions. We have been allocated 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30.

Then lunch is at 12:30 till 13:30 then the afternoon is Open Pit Lane. 

On the day extra drivers and passengers can be paid for. £25 for a driver and £10 for a passenger.

You'll be asked to sign an indemnity form on the day, this is attached if you would like to read it now.

Below is the message I got from MOT today, please read to get an idea of how the day will go, what you need, what your car needs etc. any questions just ask.

Dear Drivers

Many thanks for choosing to attend the Blyton Park Club track day event on the 16th July 2016. This final instruction should contain everything you will need to know for the event.

Please be aware we are NOT a Mazda only track day company and this is not a Mazda exclusive day.

Itinerary

Signing On 7:30 Briefing 8.30 Sighting laps 9.00 Lunch 12.30 - 13.30 End Driving 17.00.

The event will be in 3 sessions per hour till lunch and then in open pit lane format for the afternoon.

For afternoon sessions sign on during lunch at 13.00 or before. A briefing time will be given to you then.

Please ensure you read and adhere to the 7 point checklist below before commencing your journey to the circuit

1) Bring your valid driving license (please note that an MSA race license is not an acceptable substitute)

2) Make sure your car complies with any noise restrictions at the venue (105dB)

3) Ensure your car is fit for the purpose intended; this includes brake, tyre, suspension and steering checks

4) Fit your towing-eye prior to joining the circuit

5) Bring suitable clothing as covered arms & legs are required at all times on the track

6) Slicks are not permitted on cars without adequate rollover protection

7) No hand-held cameras are permitted - any cameras need to be securely mounted in the car

Additional Requirements

The primary requirements are that all drivers and passengers read and complete a Track Day Declaration and Indemnity form, available at the circuit, and that anyone going out onto the circuit wears a helmet. Helmets are available to hire at £10 per day.

There will be a compulsory safety briefing at 8:30AM. There will be another briefing 1 hour later and an afternoon briefing if required.

Additional Drivers and Passengers

All drivers and passengers have to read and complete the Track Day Declaration and Indemnity before going out onto the circuit. Spectators are welcome. Children under 16 years must be supervised at all times.

Unless part of  Club Package additional drivers are £25 and passengers are £10. Both can be paid for on the day.

Directions

Blyton Park is situated 1 mile from Blyton village on the B1205. If you approach from Blyton, the gates are on your left and there is clear BPDC signage. Drive through the gates and proceed slowly down the bumpy concrete. Follow the road round past the Grass Track on your left. The Circuit is about half a mile down the perimeter track next to the large barn, race control and paddock Club House.

Petrol

Fuel is not available at the circuit. Circuit staff will be able to advise where the nearest filling station is however we recommend you fill your tank prior to arriving at circuit.

Garages

None available

Tuition

Tuition is available at £25 for a 20 minute session, this can be paid for on the day. For a half day tuition the cost is £150 and £250 for the full day, please book these in advance.

Insurance

Contact Phil Barnard at REIS on 0115 988 2747 for track day insurance cover. Mention you are doing a Mazda on Track day at Blyton Park. (note track day insurance is not mandatory to participate and we do regard Blyton as one of the safest circuits).

Tyres

If you have a specific tyre requirement or just wish to discuss tyres in general please contact Nick at MOT Motorsport on 0781 800 3267 in advance of the event.

Contact Us

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us either by e-mail or phone. Many thanks for choosing Mazda on Track and Performance Trackdays and see you on 16th July 2016!

Indemnity 2014.pdf

MikeyMK

My fuel gauge is useless, tenner puts it on half a tank, I'll just bring a can to get me to the petrol station if I fall short.

My hat is comical, birds vespa thing, but it's comfy.

I'm gonna wing it on reliability. I'll bring the spare wheel, that's about it. It's eaten all my spare belts already.. Scunthorpe isn't far if something explodes.

Brilliant day, shame more couldn't attend weather was great and a really chilled out atmosphere.

• Like 2

Agreed^ great day and seemed a good place for my first trackday. Thanks to the guys that made it all happen, much appreciated. :) 

• Like 1
MikeyMK

Excellent! Big thanks to all who made it happen!

My first trackday too, and this is a great track for it, recommend it to anyone. Speed/type of cars varied greatly and it still all worked well.

I managed to keep off the grass (and not roll it), and had great fun. Roll-on next year!

I didn't practice recording any driving footage, and on the day i failed to get any. I also failed to take photos of others (i think a few of us learnt a few things, gonna have to write them down!) So it'll be great to see any photos taken by anyone else.

Edited by MikeyMK

Haven't got many that came out that decent, need a proper lense...

Blyton_MOT_1.jpg

Blyton_MOT_2.jpg

Blyton_MOT_3.jpg

Blyton_MOT_4.jpg

Blyton_MOT_5.jpg

• Like 3
kwijibo_coupe

Some good pictures there! Nice to see Ross and Mikey getting the rear wheel up! 

I'll get my videos sorted out tomorrow. 

• Like 1
MikeyMK

Haha, launch it! 

Nice pictures, gonna have to steal those - I didn't get to run with many Polos, we should do a group start next time.. i didn't aim high enough though because many other cars were slower than they were capable of. Apart from a couple of MGs I think we were amongst the quickest..

10 hours ago, MikeyMK said:

Haha, launch it! 

Nice pictures, gonna have to steal those - I didn't get to run with many Polos, we should do a group start next time.. i didn't aim high enough though because many other cars were slower than they were capable of. Apart from a couple of MGs I think we were amongst the quickest..

And that shitty silver Volvo...