Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Rolling Road Day 28th January 2017

nige8021
35 minutes ago, AndyWroe1512 said:

Hi I'm new. I'm having an exhaust fitted that morning in Walsall (about half hour away so id like to come along after that (probably around half 12 ish)

You guys still gonna be there around that sorta time? if so ill add my name to the list :thumbsup:

First Welcome to the forum.

Last year the last runs were around 13:45 so if your there by 12:30ish well still be there :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nige8021

• NickBraddock

• r10tz0r

• Buggirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I took loads of pictures but clearly I didn't, only got 4 decent ones in the end so here they are, plus the video of my car on the rollers.      

Been getting ready for this. Treble checking the tracking, so we won't need Keystone cops scene to keep the wheels on the rollers  

Looking at the time stamps on the pics I took last year, the last runs were around 13:45 but obviously that all depends on how many want to have a run, then we went onto a pub for some food & more

Posted Images

NickBraddock
1. R10tz0r (and maybe a friend but will confirm later)
2. dvderlm
3. kwijibo_coupe 
4. Nick braddock
5. Geebie2000
6. Shane osmond 
7. aDubCalledSlickback
8. Nick Singh
9. Scott Stevens

One more added :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2. dvderlm
3. kwijibo_coupe 
4. Nick braddock
5. Geebie2000
6. Shane osmond 
7. aDubCalledSlickback
8. Nick Singh 
9. Scott Stevens 
10.Steve Morris

AndyWroe1512
3 hours ago, 86C said:

2. dvderlm
3. kwijibo_coupe 
4. Nick braddock
5. Geebie2000
6. Shane osmond 
7. aDubCalledSlickback
8. Nick Singh 
9. Scott Stevens 
10.Steve Morris
11. AndyWroe1512

Assuming I can get it drivable within the next 8 days!

Looking forward to meeting you all and finding out what my shed can do lol

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 86C said:

2. dvderlm
3. kwijibo_coupe 
4. Nick braddock
5. Geebie2000
6. Shane osmond 
7. aDubCalledSlickback
8. Nick Singh 
9. Scott Stevens 
10.Steve Morris
11. AndyWroe1512
12 Neil (Schneil) 

I'm hoping to do two runs.  One as it is now, the second with an ECU fitted with an 8k chip

• Like 1

2. dvderlm
3. kwijibo_coupe 
4. Nick braddock
5. Geebie2000
6. Shane osmond 
7. aDubCalledSlickback
8. Nick Singh 
9. Scott Stevens 
10.Steve Morris
11. AndyWroe1512
12 Neil (Schneil) 

13.Stu Chinn (Chinndog89)

• Like 1

Been getting ready for this. Treble checking the tracking, so we won't need Keystone cops scene to keep the wheels on the rollers

keystonecops.jpg 

Edited by dvderlm
  • Like 2
NickBraddock

Getting excited now that I've stopped all oil leaks and put the rs charger on! Bring on sat!!!

• Like 1
aDubCalledSlickback

Is it 9am firm? I am on the list but Its nigh on 2 hour drive so wanting to find out when the latest I can leave will be!

nige8021
17 minutes ago, aDubCalledSlickback said:

Is it 9am firm? I am on the list but Its nigh on 2 hour drive so wanting to find out when the latest I can leave will be!

No it's general arrival time, last year the first runs didn't start till just before 10am and last runs were just before 2pm

NickBraddock

I need to head back home around 1, due to a gig I have been booked for tonight if it's possible to get in before then please buddy

nige8021
8 minutes ago, NickBraddock said:

I need to head back home around 1, due to a gig I have been booked for tonight if it's possible to get in before then please buddy

We will do our best for you :)

• Like 1

getting excited already, looks like there could be quite a good turnout :D, I should be there between 9 and 10 if I dont get lost on the way down haha

21 hours ago, Buggirl said:

Hi folks not sure I will be able to make it now.  I was only a spectator any how, but if I don't make it have an awesome day!

We missed you - it was standing room only around the rollers and pretty packed at the Bradmore Arms afterwards.

Some folks are heading out tonight. Not sure where but I'd take a guess at the baddest nightclub in Wolverhampton.

Thanks to  the Aldon team and all the ClubPolo staffers for the day and for time spent on this year's events planning. Honourable mention to Yeti for assisting with feats of underbody inspection, wheel alignment - without even string - and post run throttle body de-oiling... :?

Oh and if you want your exhaust mended nearby LTC in Brierley Hill can deal with Polo and Octavia systems while you wait.

• Like 2
nige8021

First a BIG thank you to @jonPDpolo for organising the event with Aldon :thumbsup:  

Another BIG thank you to all of you who came and put your cars through the torture of seeing what it could do :smile: good to see some new faces amongst the regulars

I'd like to echo the above, you guys that turn up and get involved is what ClubPolo is all about, so thank you. Another great year at Aldon, thanks to everyone who came up and spoke to us, we hope you all had a great time!

Thanks goes to @jonPDpolo and @nige8021 for making it possible, with thanks to Steve (Yeti) for getting our foooooooood.

And finally, thank you to all the staff that turned up and made it worth while, cheers
:drinks:

Bring on next year!