Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• AndysBluePolo
      By AndysBluePolo
      Hello everyone. After 10 years of owning aircooled VWs I decided to try the water pumpers and bought a Polo. I've always like Polos so it was an easy decision. I have had this Polo for 2 and a half years and it's the best car I've owned! My money stays in the bank unlike with my Beetles and T3! 

It was registered in the Netherlands in 1991, but built 1990. It's a 1.3i.

This is how it looked when I bought it.
      DSC_0667 by Andy, on Flickr
      DSC_0666 by Andy, on Flickr
      DSC_0668 by Andy, on Flickr

Since then I have fitted a tow hook and passenger side mirror. Mother nature decided it needed some body work modifications and threw hail stones the size of fists at it! I manage to pull the big dents out, but it now has lots of tiny dents all over it.

• Sheps
      By Sheps
      Hi All

I should start by saying that I'm not particularly into cars or the mechanical side of things but I thought I'd treat myself to a bit of luxury after going through two highly reliable Ford Ka's that got me the short distance to and from work without kerfuffle for 15 years. 

In May 2018 I picked up my brand new SEL. I immediately noticed that the 1st & 2nd gears were quite difficult to engage on occasion particularly when compared to 3-6 that were/are very smooth. Basically, they were crunching. I put this down to the car being brand new and running in.

After several weeks though I took it back to the dealership and they said it was just a running in issue. I got to about 1,000 miles a few weeks later and returned the car as gears 1 & 2 were still crunching. I subsequently booked it in for an inspection and they said that there was a fault and replaced the clutch. Obviously I wasn't too chirpy about this as by this point I had only driven about 1,500 miles although I was relieved that the issue was supposed to have been solved. (I bought a VW because I thought they were supposed to be reliable).

Initially gears 1 & 2 were better after the new clutch was fitted but the crunching has now returned. I now have about 2,500 miles on the clock. Obviously, this is a concern! Interestingly, the basic Golf that I was given as a courtesy car when they were fitting the new clutch also had 'sticky' 1 & 2 gears although they weren't crunching. This car was a few years old with about 25,000 miles on the clock.

Due to my lack of mechanical prowess I don't want to be fobbed off when I return to the dealership yet again. I would appreciate your views please.

Ta

Sheps
    • Dean
      By Dean
      This years winners

Best wheels Georgia H31 EBD Red mk2f breadvan

Best Engine Bay Marcus W373AKO Silver 6n2 1.8T

Best Engineering David A156WEG Silver mk2 breadvan

Best interior Big Rob P517RHG Harlequin 6n

Polodriver.com Trophy Martin from Germany blue mk2 breadvan

People's choice Guy G711FNY

3rd Chris J815JKM Red mk2f G40 coupe

2nd Jordan H15VWJ Grey mk2f coupe

1st Adam A388SEW Mars Red mk2 breadvan

Because Racecar winners:  JimmyB, Matt Noon and Rob West (otherwise know as SuperLux and Westy Motors; for completing a gearbox and clutch swap on Matt's mk2f van in a field!)

• Dean
      By Dean
      We've updated our privacy policy to be GDPR compliant as of the 25th May 2018. As you will see, you'll be asked to accept the new terms in order to continue using ClubPolo.co.uk.

Links:
      https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/privacy/
      https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/guidelines/

Any questions please contact us via the usual means
      https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/support/create/
    • m4ttyf
      By m4ttyf
      All right guys I have 12 spots for tatton this year they're first come first served, the date for this year's show is Sunday 5th August 2018 so get your names down as it's always a great turn out and always plenty of fun.Tatton Park is situated just off junction 19 off the M6 motorway for those of you who maybe new, we will once again meet at the swan inn Bucklow Hill Ln, Bucklow Hill, Knutsford WA16 6RD is the address for sat nav. Bring your cars down which ever model and whatever state they're in and show them off. 

More details:

Volkswagen Northwest is the premier VW Show in the North of England, held within the beautiful surrounds of Tatton Park, close by the magnificent mansion and gardens and is organised by the Volkswagen Northwest Club on Sunday 5th August 2018. More info: www.vwnw.co.uk

Amongst the congested VW events calendar, Volkswagen Northwest is an established show, now in it’s 32nd year and is most definitely not to be missed.
      Catering for all types of Volkswagen enthusiast, the show includes:

Concours competition for Aircooled VW’s Concours competition for Watercooled VW & Audi Race & Performance Aircooled Display Trade Stands and Swap Meet Cars For Sale area Clubs Arena California Look Cars Massive GTi Display Buggies and Replicas Buses,T2, T3, T4, & T5, on show Children’s Amusements  
      Plus much, much more on the day!
      Trading is a major part of Volkswagen Northwest giving enthusiasts the opportunity to purchase parts and accessories for both air-cooled and water- cooled vehicles at competitive prices in the trade area.
      Not all our traders exhibit motor accessories, you will be able to browse amongst rare VW books & models, the latest in VW fashion and official show merchandise or perhaps find something to interest you on a crafts & jewellery stall.
      Elsewhere within the park you will find the historic Old Hall – we recommend that you check out tattonpark.org.uk for latest info and facilities at the site.

We would just like to remind everyone that this show is a one day event, there will be no camping available on site.
      Dogs are welcome to come too – as long as you have them on a lead and with poop scoop.

Admission Charge to Tatton Park is £7.00 per vehicle.  Entrance to the show is £9.00 for Adults. Children free.  No tickets needed, just pay on arrival.
      It all happens Sunday 5th August 2018. Gates open @ 9am!

Last Years Event:

1. Matty mk2f coupe

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines