Rob21

Wipers not shutting off

Rob21

Hi, I have a VW polo gti 16v 6n2 and went to use the wipers last night and the back one wouldn't switch off just kept going. the water jet doesn't seem to be working on the back as there was no water coming out, then the front wipers started going  and wouldn't stop had to pull the fuse on both front and back. Also when i pressed the back wiper button the headlight washer activated and sprayed. Sounds like a short somewhere.

Any ideas what is causing this issue?  the stalk is okay, when i move it to the fast potion it speeds up and slows down when moved back but doesn't switch off in the off position.

Update: When the boot is open the front wipers and back wiper stops so tried testing the lock with with boot lid open and it went off so looks like its coming from the locking mechanism on the boot lid

Edited by Rob21
update