Foxie

My InCar PC Project

phillyt1988

this gonna have wireless net so you can use that?

Guest sp33dy69

i had one of these back in my punto (hides away) when i had it, looks spot on cant wait to see it in flesh! wireless is expensive i tried it but cost a bloddy fortune when the mobile phone bill comes in. Oh i forgot to mention have a look at my final year project at kingston if you can its called vision alarm. basically i create an alarm system that was connected to a computer which took digital pictures and sent them to your phone via mms online. thats just a brief description of what it done.

Foxie
this gonna have wireless net so you can use that?

it'll has a WiFi adaptor on it so i can just drive around and find free/unsecure access points :D (like outside work 8-) )

Guest VW_Technik

I like the way u think

Edited by VW_Technik

10Jonesy7

any more updates on this Foxie?? :-D

Foxie

Still no major progress!

Just waiting for the intelligent in-car PSU for it to come in stock (mid december :( )

tomadomeit

That is ghetto. Where do you get all the info to build summin like that and how much has/will it cost you? Will you be able to run any windows application that you want? Also could you have a keyboard if you wanted or a game controller? cause if so i should totally run old school console emulators on it. I have about 200+ old SNES games and Mega Drive ones too.

Edited by tomadomeit

T700bes
Still no major progress!

Just waiting for the intelligent in-car PSU for it to come in stock (mid december :( )

Like to know more on this as thats what I need :ninja:

Will this be wired up to the ignition and shut down the PC on turn off or soemthing cool like that..

Can I see your "hidden" bits at OE?

Guest walshc

:lol: thats amazing, i still get excited when i see fold down CD players :lol::oops:

I'm so stuck in the past :-(

I take it you spend a lot of time in your car?

Foxie
:lol: thats amazing, i still get excited when i see fold down CD players :lol::oops:

I'm so stuck in the past :-(

I take it you spend a lot of time in your car?

not really :lol: was just sick of making a new MP3 cd every week once i'd got bored of it!

if i park it close enough to my house it will connect to my wireless network and i can download music straight to it :D

phillyt1988

very cool with the wireless etc look forward to seeing the finished product or will it be in the new car?

Foxie
very cool with the wireless etc look forward to seeing the finished product or will it be in the new car?

i'll start fitting it to the valver once it's back from the bodyshop :-D :ninja:

big_k

i'll start fitting it to the valver once it's back from the bodyshop :-D :ninja:

Valver eh... pics? lol... the in car pc's pretty cool btw! 8-)

Just seen the thread with the valver... is the 8v up for sale then? If so can i have a pm please!

Edited by big_k

StueyB

Damn this thread, i've just spent the last hour looking into the costs of making a car pc for the future raddo!

Good work foxie, be interested to have a chat with you about what components you've selected.

Edited by StueyB

Narrow_Lane

Man that's a cool idea.

If I'm ever rich I'll do this but have it an insane games machine too haha

Also if you like drum n bass arena, download or buy Jungle Rewind (u can get it on play.com I think) its mixed better I find :)

Foxie

whyyyy?

or are you thinking even bigger and better?

:shock:

main reason is because i'm too lazy to install it.. it's not a hard job at all but I'm just lazy :lol:

nope, no bigger and better.. feeling to just stick with a headunit and Ipod lead :lol:

Edited by Foxie

mbh69

lol i was tempted to put my micro pc in mine but then i wondered how long it would last with all the vibrations lol