Sign in to follow this  
P20 DUB

Winter project for P20DUB

P20 DUB

Little update, sound proofed the front doors 2day. sounds much better already, so thats basically the sides and back of the car finished.

I noticed that the reinforcement bar in the door was rattling against the outside door skin. so i wacked some soundproofing inbetween them both and its done the job!! think I'm onto a winner here guys, I'm so chuffed, finding out lots more usless information as i tear my way through the car :lol:

I did do both doors but couldnt be arsed to take a pic of both of them :) ( also got some left so i might deaden them abit more. :lol:

101607175542.jpg

Guest VW_Technik

Nice work..yet another rattle youv found that we can all remove from our doors :)

P20 DUB

Update. finished the rear sides off 2day i think now, basically I've gone round all the clips that hold the rear door cards on as there rattle and squeek so much it does my sweed. so there all tight now :)

On the actual door cards I'm gunna put some padding on the clips that sit into the holders so theres no metal to metal contact, this should dampen the sound 8-)

101707191030-1.jpg

101707191043.jpg

101707192952.jpg

jason11

love you are car mate, what id want :) keep up the good work !!!

Wingy16V

Looking good matey! You can do mine too hehe :-p

VDUB POLO

one of my windows is slow... will hav a look this weekend. cheers.

hawyziee

loud cars are fun though! my car came as standard with no sound deadeding at all and it's great hearing the engine/road noise :lol:

now that you have the car looking the way you want it why not start on the engine and see what sort of power you can get out of it? surely that would be more fun than making the car heavier and slower :?

all in my opinion of course, if you are going for more show than go then yup, good work/attention to detail :-)

Guest doddypolo

If you can, do the roof under the headlining too, this will make a huge difference too!

Barkshire

looking good man may have a go at doing this too, of course now that i have the guide lol

barkshire

P20 DUB
loud cars are fun though! my car came as standard with no sound deadeding at all and it's great hearing the engine/road noise :lol:

now that you have the car looking the way you want it why not start on the engine and see what sort of power you can get out of it? surely that would be more fun than making the car heavier and slower :?

all in my opinion of course, if you are going for more show than go then yup, good work/attention to detail :-)

The loss of power will be made up for at some point, at this point in time in concentrating on making it look good and making the interiour comfortable and a nice place to be.

Engine wise, I'm still thinking hard on what to do.

ashmain

I still havnt manged to fix my heater blowers. it only works on number 4. I've replaced the unit in the dash an still does the same.

I've put a multimeter on the power to the fan and nothing on 1 ,2, and 3 but shoots up on number 4.

so fan is OK, power and earth is OK, fuse is OK, panel is OK. what the hells up? all i can think is there must be a resistor in the wiring somewere which is foobared. :'( is so distressing.

that sounds like your reostat has gone. its got 3 resistors in it that lets 1 2 and 3 work but 4 bypasses that and runs on 12v. hope this helps

Edited by ashmain

P20 DUB

Weres teh reostat???????????

Tomm

christ how many KG's of deadning do you think you have put in so far? i ripped all of mine out the other week and it weighed in at 18kg!

Loverly car mate!

Keep us posted

P20 DUB

its not a fast car so i not bothered about speed so much.

Guest P20HOT PRISM MOTORSPORT

i dont know why people go out and spend shit loads of money on dyno matt when you just need to buy a box of automotive sound proffing from the body pannle shop for £50 a box, heat them on and job done

Guest POLOMON

and i dont no y people fit 17's and 18's to a polo but you still get the odd person doing it dont u ;) its all about what u prefer ;)

Edited by POLOMON

T700bes

Or underlay....

DubbPrince

craig...looks really good dude, not sure why you decided to deaden the braced areas though...but it should definately make an imporvement! :D

Guest Looner
I've been lucky so far , only spend 25pound. a friend gave me some for free he had laying about.

Ok so now the front door cards have gone.

( if you shut your door with the window down does it rattle like fuck? well mine did and the window was real slow to come up)

i have found the answer to this problem finally :)

the arrow below shoes a metal plate , this b4 was loose inside the door as it had come away from a plastic retaining clip. hope this helps anyone with the same problem, its fixed the door rattle and also the window comes up like in a flash :)

101407143002.jpg

101407143017.jpg

101407142939.jpg

I still havnt manged to fix my heater blowers. it only works on number 4. I've replaced the unit in the dash an still does the same.

I've put a multimeter on the power to the fan and nothing on 1 ,2, and 3 but shoots up on number 4.

so fan is OK, power and earth is OK, fuse is OK, panel is OK. what the hells up? all i can think is there must be a resistor in the wiring somewere which is foobared. :'( is so distressing.

If the fan switch turns a potentiometer, that could be shot. Although I am not up to speed with polo electrics. cheers.

gofasterpinch

it doesnt, the switch pulls a cable system connected to the heater matrix

P20 DUB

the heaters are fixed now :) it was the resistor

Guest Nikyboi
I've been lucky so far , only spend 25pound. a friend gave me some for free he had laying about.

Ok so now the front door cards have gone.

( if you shut your door with the window down does it rattle like fuck? well mine did and the window was real slow to come up)

i have found the answer to this problem finally :)

the arrow below shoes a metal plate , this b4 was loose inside the door as it had come away from a plastic retaining clip. hope this helps anyone with the same problem, its fixed the door rattle and also the window comes up like in a flash :)

101407143002.jpg

101407143017.jpg

101407142939.jpg

My heater blowers dont come on at all, diognostics come up clean!

Its pissin me off also!

P20 DUB

have u checked the fuse?

Dubbing

Looking good craig...Main thing is u happy with it and it gona make u feel good when driving and sitting in the car

P20 DUB

ahh mucho things to come :D haha dnt expect anything massive though. :D