eglin89

JBL speaker deal

eglin89

Hey, as i'm new to the modding scene i was wondering if anybody could give me any advice.

I've got a mk4 6n and am looking to install a decent set of speakers amped up and found this

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1321.html

Would anybody be able to tell me if that's a good deal or not or if they could recommend anything better?

That's about the maximum i'm willing to spend really.

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Sony...CD-Tuners/Sony/ That's the headunit i've got in the car aswell, looking to keep that one there as have only had it since december.

Thanks for anything advice you can give,

James

mbh69

your best bet is the fusion deal thats about at the moment £179 for a monoblock with sub search ebay think thats the only place that has some left as they'v sold out in most places

then a cheap and cheefull 2 channel amp and set of components up front :)

bargain awesome deal ;)

eglin89

Alright cheers.

I didn't think Fusion sound quality was supposed to be that good tho? Just that people bought them because they were cheap and green.

Shall have to consider it tho cheers.

mbh69

cheap ones yes high end aren't bad but for the money it's a steal the amps worth £££ :)

eglin89

time to scour the net haha

cheers for the advice.

what you got running in your car if you don't mind me asking?

6Newan
what you got running in your car if you don't mind me asking?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now there's a sure fire sign of a n00b asking a dangerous question. :lol:

Go and have a look at his build thread in the photo gallery section - he's running enough bass to make you shit yourself - quite literally. :ninja:

mbh69

this year i'm running 8 dc audio 12" level 4 subs

8 starsound 1500rms amps

2 starsound 2 channel amps

4 sets of starsound components

210 amp alt

10 100ah batteries

audiocontrol epic 160

audiocontrol matrix

jvc avx33 headunit

and lots of 0 guage wiring ;)

eglin89

that just sounds scary :shock:

thinking your advice could be even more worthwhile seeing as you seem to know what you're talking about what with running all that.

mbh69

well yeah it's one of the loudest in the country that can play music :)

this year it's gonna be even more extreme got more jobs to do on it but it's just gonna get better and better ;)

eglin89

doubt i'll be able to compete on my miserly budget then :-p

you ever down essex? would love to check it out.

and my budget is kinda doubling now haha. found some really nice fusion kit on ebay.

looks like I'm dipping into my savings a bit for this one.

don't suppose you know the mounting depth on the doors of the 6n do you?

i know the standard speakers are 50mm but the ones I'm looking at are 70mm

mbh69

not a clue mate i have mdf door cards lol

it's the fusion nv sub and amp deal that you want ;)

yeah my budget might be alot more than yours lol try well over £8000 ;)

but i have an addiction and it needs funding lol

eglin89

yeah, exactly what i've found.

one deal for amp and components and another for amp and sub.

will try and get both except i wouldn't know where to start with for the sub box so that may have to wait, although i don't know how long those subs will be up there for.

haha oh my, hope i don't get to that stage lol

mbh69

the sub and amp deal is out of stock at the supplier ;)

whatever is in shops etc is all thats left then they'll be full price ;)

i posted a link on here to a guy that runs a business building sub boxes, he's your best bet if you don't know where to start ;)

eglin89

yeah, i've managed to find some on ebay still tho which is all good. gonna order by the end of the week if all goes well :D

ah yes i saw that, £95 just for a box tho :?

i know it's probably worth it in the long run, however, if i can find a guide i shall most likely build one myself. doing a stealth shelf myself so should be alright really.

mbh69

please don't say your running 6x9's and evn worse mounting them in the subs air space ?

don't bother decent amped components up front are all you need

the box if you make one yourself it will cost about half in decent materials and then whatever you want to finish it in well worth paying the extra for a well built box as it's the key to a good install if you aren't confident enough to get it spot on buy one ;)

eglin89

nah i'm not running 6x9s dont worry lol

was gonna have one of the sets of components in the doors then another pair in the parcel shelf in the back.

as you can tell i've not done this before so don't really know what i'm doing.

would i not need a second pair of the components then? if i did where would i mount them?

mbh69

you won't need any don't worry ;)

mount them in a shelf and they'll get ruined by the sub ;)

eglin89

ah thanks for that, saves me £160 haha.

gonna order 1 pair of components tomorrow then and the sub when i can sort out a box for it.

as the components are going in the front doors can you recommend where i should fit the amp cause it seems somewhat pointless mounting it in the boot to run the wires there and back?

oh, and what wire would i need to use? the gauge means nothing to me lol

anyways, cheers for all the advice you've given me. will have to get back to this in the morning as it has been a long day.

mbh69

thick lol 0 guage wiring kit to a distrobution block you could mount the amp under the seat if theres room but boot is easy enough

eglin89

ah gotcha. will have to have a look when i get a spare moment then.

what's the distribution block do exactly? is it vital or not?

polo-shuff6n

Morning, a distribution block is needed, due to running two amps, you will need to run 0 gauge from the battery, to the block (in the boot), then you will run two wires from the block, one to each amp.

I agree totaly with martin, buy the sub and amp, and the comps and amp deals quickly, due to them going out of stock quickly (and there decent peices of kit).

The part about the box / enclosure, you want a good box, designed to the correct size, that the sub requires, a wrong size box will be the weak part of your system.

Just one set of comps and one sub will be enough, if set up correctly.

if i was you, look a making a faulse floor (to screw the amps and sub box too), and put both amps in the boot.

Edited by polo-shuff6n

mbh69

the sub and amp deal is selling quick and you won't get anything anywhere near as good for that price anytime soon ;)

eglin89
Morning, a distribution block is needed, due to running two amps, you will need to run 0 gauge from the battery, to the block (in the boot), then you will run two wires from the block, one to each amp.

I agree totaly with martin, buy the sub and amp, and the comps and amp deals quickly, due to them going out of stock quickly (and there decent peices of kit).

The part about the box / enclosure, you want a good box, designed to the correct size, that the sub requires, a wrong size box will be the weak part of your system.

Just one set of comps and one sub will be enough, if set up correctly.

if i was you, look a making a faulse floor (to screw the amps and sub box too), and put both amps in the boot.

Ah i gotcha now, was wondering how i'd get the two amps running together.

Yeah was probably going to do the false floor idea you're talking about cause then i've got them all mounted properly. If i did a false floor and then put the amps underneath it or in a recess to keep them out of the way would they overheat at all?

the sub and amp deal is selling quick and you won't get anything anywhere near as good for that price anytime soon ;)

Yeah i'm gonna have to see how much i've got when i get paid tomorrow-shitty parttime sainsbury's job haha

6.5" components and amp are on their way to me now tho :D

mbh69

as long as air can flow past the amps they will be fine otherwise use 12v fans :)

eglin89

yeah that should be easy enough to do then.

won't be an amazing build, far from it, but might have to get some pictures done once i've sorted it out.