eglin89

JBL speaker deal

polo-shuff6n

IMO its not all about looks, you want the system to sound good.

go with the false floor, and put a few 12v fans in, just so that the air circulates well, to try to keep the amps as cool as possible.

get that sub and amp package bought asap pal, there was a few places selling them, now there all sold out ebay is the last resort, so get it whilst you can, even if it means skinting your self for a week or two.

eglin89
IMO its not all about looks, you want the system to sound good.

go with the false floor, and put a few 12v fans in, just so that the air circulates well, to try to keep the amps as cool as possible.

get that sub and amp package bought asap pal, there was a few places selling them, now there all sold out ebay is the last resort, so get it whilst you can, even if it means skinting your self for a week or two.

yeah looks to be the best option atm. may even have to buy it then wait a couple of weeks until i can sort out a box for it. that way i've definitely got it tho.

whats the best way to wire it up? i.e. where to run the power cable through, how to get the speaker cables from the amp into the front doors, where to put the distribution block etc?

mbh69

have a search or try faq covered loads of times ;)

eglin89

alright yeah cheers. should sort things out easy enough.

will need to wait till i got everything before i start trying to fit it all-want to do something properly for a change haha.

when you say to use 0 gauge wire is that a must? or would i be able to get away with 4 gauge?

i'm guessing from what you've said with the distribution block i'd need the 0 gauge as it will be providin the power to both amps?

polo-shuff6n

0 gauge to the block at least, due to running two amps from it, and 4 gauge might not carry enough power for the amps to work at full capacity.

and yea, buy the deals then save and buy the box, i started buyin bits of audio when i was still at school, then its stored under my bed until i have everything i need.

eglin89

I've managed to find where i can get 0 gauge wire from, and a 2 gauge two amp wiring kit which looks just right. only problem is finding a 0 gauge input to 2 2gauge output which i seem unable to find as of yet.

sounds like a plan yeh, and seeing as i finish school in june, could be soon if i do the same as you :-p

mbh69

doubt the component amp will accept 2 gauge but you can trim it down, same on the distrobution block get 0 - 4 guage and just trim the ends of the cable ;)

eglin89

ah fair enough, i'm sure my amature skills can cope with that much lol.

when i gotta put the new wires into the doors, do i just drill through the mount between the door and the body to get it into that loom btw?

was having a look earlier and that seemed the most feasible option. i believe that's what i saw you put in an earlier thread aswell so mut be right :-p

eglin89

ah gotcha, yeah think that's the thread i remember seeing.

will have to try that however if not, the drill it is. or just a sharp stick and poke it :ninja:

eglin89

another thing i've just realised, what do i do about the remote cable?

how would i get that running to each amp to power them on and off?

or would that be a job for a little splitter which i most likely have lying about the garage?

and would one of those splitters not do the same job as a distribution block?

or have i missed something plainly obvious here?

mbh69

lol i just twist and tape the ends together on the remote ;)

eglin89
lol i just twist and tape the ends together on the remote ;)

so you've just got two remote cables going into the headunit or do they split somewhere?

mbh69

one cable to the rear then split it for each amp :)

eglin89
one cable to the rear then split it for each amp :)

yeah that makes more sense.

i'm still non plussed over the wiring kits tho.

would i need to buy the wires separate or is there one that i can buy ready made which will accomodate my needs?

wanna get it sorted before the stuff gets here so i can work on it properly

mbh69

caraudiodirect to kits

mbh69

you'd still need speaker wire for components ;)

best to get a 0 guage wiring kit and a couple of lengths of 2 or 4 guage ;)

eglin89

the 10 metres of speaker cable not do the trick then?

ill have a look into that-can always send it back if it's not right for this, or keep it until i find a use.

mbh69

not sure mate might just do it if your lucky :)

eglin89

just gotta hope it'll do. if not i can just order what else is needed afterwards.

seems a shame to spend upwards of 50quid on wires tho lol.

but i spose as its necessary to get it all working well i can accept that haha

mbh69

lol i'v spent hundreds on cables it's the veins of the system ;)

eglin89

yeah i can imagine.

with shit ones i presume they will just like melt and break from the power which'll be no good lol.

right. time to order the cable kit, wait for that and the components and amp to arrive, then deduce what i still need to get it running from there.

you've been a great help, just cant wait for the looks i get haha :grin:

mbh69

just make sure the box design is spot on and your laughin they can do over 140db in the right box and still play dirty low bass ;)

polo-shuff6n

i used 10m for wiring in my comps, from my boot to my doors, and its tight, I'm restricted of where i can put my amp, 12 would be spot on.

iv spent around £70 on wiring, and like martin has said, its the veins of the system.