Sign in to follow this  
Stebbi

'More Than' just cheap?

Stebbi

Sorry about the slight pun on more than lol.

Anyways, i went on gocompare last night and got a quote for my valver.

I'm currently paying 1200 fc. as a named driver

got a quote back for my birthday and it came back at 599 from more than!!!!!! and 680 from tesco!!! both f/c!

thats like half what I'm paying now!

Only problem is i'd have a period of 2months of no insurance unless i was to renew and then cancel 2months later (could i do this if i was paying monthly?)

Also does anyone know that more than are like for mods? they say they allow them as long as it doesnt improve top speed or acceleration. so coilovers should be ok just wondered how muhc it would go up by.

but still 599 on the valver at 19 is cheap

Guest ash24

got a quote back for my birthday and it came back at 599 from more than!!!!!! and 680 from tesco!!! both f/c!

Only problem is i'd have a period of 2months of no insurance unless i was to renew and then cancel 2months later (could i do this if i was paying monthly?)

Also does anyone know that more than are like for mods? they say they allow them as long as it doesnt improve top speed or acceleration. so coilovers should be ok just wondered how muhc it would go up by.

sounds too good to be true lol, you sure there arnt any restrictions?

Stebbi

There doesnt seem to be any restrictions as far as i can see from reading into it.

As it all came back with normal quotes from other companies, only tesco and more than were under 1000 tho, and next year more than would give 2months free cover (not sure if they give named drivers NCB but did hear that off someone) but Iv also seen that Tesco do offer named driver NCB.

I'm just amazed that its halved from when i got it at 17 (£1200 f/c) to a few month time at 19 and only £599.

neilpaul89

sounds too good to be true lol, you sure there arnt any restrictions?

Hello mate,

I'm also with more than. I'm 18 and i have a 1.4 8v polo. I pay £1200 which is more than £600 cheaper than anywhere else. I phoned them last week about mods, beacause I'm getting new springs and shocks and wheels. They told me that I'm allowed anything as lond as it doesn't improve top speed or handling. This also means that you cant get bigger wheels as they must be to the manufaturers spec (14's in my case) but I'm guessing 15's with lower profile tyres will be basically the same rolling radius as 14's with balloons. Best bit is that you don't have to pay a penny more for these mods!!!!!

Stebbi
Hello mate,

I'm also with more than. I'm 18 and i have a 1.4 8v polo. I pay £1200 which is more than £600 cheaper than anywhere else. I phoned them last week about mods, beacause I'm getting new springs and shocks and wheels. They told me that I'm allowed anything as lond as it doesn't improve top speed or handling. This also means that you cant get bigger wheels as they must be to the manufaturers spec (14's in my case) but I'm guessing 15's with lower profile tyres will be basically the same rolling radius as 14's with balloons. Best bit is that you don't have to pay a penny more for these mods!!!!!

Ye i'v looked and the 15's with 195/45/15 are the same radius as 14's with balloons.

surely tho they would class coilovers as a mod with changes handling?

More Than actually seem pretty decent then if mods are free! Happy Days!

VeeDub9n

I'm with more than. your allowed any cosmetic mods, but nothing that improves, acceleration, top speed or handling. i got told I'm allowed bigger wheels but they will only pay out for the same size wheels as what were on the car when it came out of the factory (14's :-( ) i wasnt happy when they said i couldnt have lowering springs/coilovers or even an induction kit.

H@wK£R

anyone know what 'Endsleigh' are like for mods?.

VeeDub9n

dunno. try quinn direct, your allowed to choose 4 mods, maybe more if you phone ( but u gotta pay if they increase performance, handling etc....)

jonnyblease

i would like to know this aswell

H@wK£R

hey Jonny i'm guessing your with 'Endsleigh'? what are you paying at the moment. How old are you and what mods have you got. I've just put my alloys on today probs gonna declare them tomorow. I know they do let mods, i've heard of people with 'endsleigh' insurance who say they do. I've only got alloys so i'm just wonderin how much the wheels will increase it by, hopefully not much :?

97polo_16v

i did pay £600 last year from elephant and that was will all mods included... might be worth checking with them ther not that bothered about mods

shame this years wont be as cheap (random spot check on my mates motorbike and he was on mine) 6points and done for no insurance... cant afford to insure after renewal :(

jonnyblease

hey Jonny i'm guessing your with 'Endsleigh'? what are you paying at the moment. How old are you and what mods have you got. I've just put my alloys on today probs gonna declare them tomorow. I know they do let mods, i've heard of people with 'endsleigh' insurance who say they do. I've only got alloys so i'm just wonderin how much the wheels will increase it by, hopefully not much :?

I'm paying £1200 third party, fire and theft I'm 19 with 0 ncb its a 1.4 8v mk4, its in my own name and you???

H@wK£R
I'm paying £1200 third party, fire and theft I'm 19 with 0 ncb its a 1.4 8v mk4, its in my own name and you???

Got it when i was 17, i'm 18 now 0 ncb, £2200 bt i went on compare and i got £1500 so can't wait till i renew my insurance. Might even change companies, depending on how they see modding.

Edited by james 1989

Stebbi

Jonny have you got it all declared now?

Stebbi

HOW ON EARTH CAN TESCO JUSTIFY PUTTING THEIR POLICY PRICES UP FROM 680 TO 1130 IN 3WEEKS!!!!!!!!