Sign in to follow this  
riskie

riskie

my mate picked up his new car today n took me for a spin so i thought id share afew photos wiv you n let them do the talkin...

enjoy.

picture004jh5.jpg

picture004jh5.32454bebdd.jpg

picture005pa5.jpg

picture005pa5.7aa0bd9839.jpg

picture006uk5.jpg

picture006uk5.9283d87ff9.jpg

picture008za1.jpg

picture008za1.d151f651d3.jpg

picture010az2.jpg

picture010az2.95c194146f.jpg

decided not too take the polo to prept/players next month.. going in this. ;)

david.

Edited by riskie

polo g

is he a footballers wife by any chance :lol:

only jokin, bet that shifts tho lol

Tav

What a hateful excuse for a car...your mate obviously has much more money than taste or sense...where is puke icon... :puke:

If you want a Porsche buy a 911, if you want a large lumbering status symbol that will drink your money away and give little return get a Range Rover.

polo g
What a hateful excuse for a car...your mate obviously has much more money than taste or sense...where is puke icon... :puke:

If you want a Porsche buy a 911, if you want a large lumbering status symbol that will drink your money away and give little return get a Range Rover.

wtf man no offense mate but it is his money and he can buy whatever he wants lol,

he may aswell say to you why did you buy a mk3 polo

MancMike

very smart 8-) i really like the cayenne :p

grungeisdead

your 4x4 is gay

needs to be said

tobyk

Bet it's well good at offroading.

grungeisdead
Bet it's well good at offroading.

does mounting the pavement and half a disabled parking bay while mowing down a granny on her zimmerframe count?

riskie

lmfao.. take it u never been in one. yep.. 105k worth.. 1 of 3 to this spec in the uk.

as for taste.. sense.. lumbering.. status symbol with little return.. u are jokin aint u? ;)

Tav

wtf man no offense mate but it is his money and he can buy whatever he wants lol,

No one is disputing that... but still allowed to comment on his choice. Apparently they are taking a horrendous dive in value given the current economy/fuel prices.

'cause I had a spare £750 burning a hole in my pocket.

lmfao.. take it u never been in one. yep.. 105k worth.. 1 of 3 to this spec in the uk.

as for taste.. sense.. lumbering.. status symbol with little return.. u are jokin aint u? ;)

You just told us the price of it and it's spec. as if to impress...proof that it really is just a status symbol. £105k...oh the things you could have bought...wonder how much it is worth now?

Lumbering...it's a 4x4...

I'll refrain from commenting again, Saf said it best in 4 words :lol:

Edited by Tav

tobyk

Sorry, £105k?

I'm sure you could buy a nice car for that money?

Ross

dear god, horrific cars.

105k seriously.. just imagine what you could buy for that money. A house?

jog on

riskie
Sorry, £105k?

lol.. yep. didnt pay that as was ordered buy someone else and buyer pulled out. trustme its a fantastic car.

forde

Are you joking? It is big ugly lumbering status symbol that will give little return.

Ok, put it this way. Its not a bad car. I mean, even though its ugly and huge, its probably really comfy and well equipped and quite fast.

But. It cost 105k. If you had 105k to spend, why the hell would you spend it on one of those? Seriously.

Even if you wanted a big status symbol jeep, you could get a Range Rover sport new and have 20+ k left for a toy. Or even a range rover sport and a ferrari both second hand for 105k. Or 200 polos. LOL

I guess my point is that yeah its not a bad car as such, but it is a waste of money because there are so many better things you could have got for the money.[

Edited by forde

tobyk

Yeah I'm not disputing that just not to my taste.

I suppose Porsche would have a pretty hard time selling it on if someone pulled out!

Ross

Is your mate a footballer by any chance?

Tav
Sorry, £105k?

lol.. yep. didnt pay that as was ordered buy someone else and buyer pulled out. trustme its a fantastic car.

I bet the first guy went and bought a 911 Turbo or maybe the new M3 and pocketed the other £55k for something eles :lol:

riskie

No one is disputing that... but still allowed to comment on his choice. Apparently they are taking a horrendous dive in value given the current economy/fuel prices.

'cause I had a spare £750 burning a hole in my pocket.

You just told us the price of it and it's spec. as if to impress...proof that it really is just a status symbol. £105k...oh the things you could have bought...wonder how much it is worth now?

Lumbering...it's a 4x4...

I'll refrain from commenting again, Saf said it best in 4 words :lol:

i said.. to put forward to u what it is.. what it does.. how rare it is. status symbol.. not my car so no status here dude. if u knew the owner u would know how humble n down to earth he is. status symbol or love of cars??? up 2u as u the expert on judgin people that u dont know.. idiot.

yep.. its a 4x4.. so was my old wrx.

thanks for not leavin anymore comments tho.. best thing you said so far. ;)

Roly

Looks worse than a turd :puke:

DubLass

£105k!!!!! That just makes me sad, someone has so much money to waste..yes waste, on a 'pretend' 4x4 when

people cant even afford to buy food or pay their rent.

Sorry Riskie, not your problem and the response to it hasnt been very good hehe its a posh car deffo and the lap of luxury, but things like that just remind me how rich the rich are and how poor the poor are.

Dave-6N2

I detect a hint of jealousy from 99% of the people who commented in this thread.

Ross

Jealousy of a lack of taste maybe..

MancMike
I detect a hint of jealousy from 99% of the people who commented in this thread.

amen!

breadman

Apart from being status symbols, the trouble is with cars like these is they are so compromised.

1. They are spec'd and trimmed like a luxury saloon, but have nowhere near the ride comfort or interior space of one.

2. They are built upon a relatively high platform and have suspension/drivetrain to suit offroad/4wd conditions. However, due to their excessive weight and "sporting" pretentions they are about as much use off road as a camel on roller skates.

3. They have very powerful engines like a sports car. However, mainly due to the above they don't perform like one because the overall weight, suspension and drivetrain don't allow it.

I love Porsches, but have always disliked the hideous Cayeene. Porsche jumping on the luxury 4x4 bandwagen was a real shame in my mind, they have and still do make some fantastic proper sports cars. Still they obviously saw a market for it, unfortunately its a market I dislike intensly.

If I had that sort of money to spend on a car, it certainly wouldn't be anything as vulgar and compromised as that. There's certainly no jealousy on my part of that I'm sure.

Edited by breadman

B4RNY

Yea my thoughts exactly!

Tbh Fairplay to the fella, if you have that amount of money which you could spend on others things, where he has choosen to spend it on a Porka, he blatently has a passion for cars! :thumbsup:

Propper Pimp! :-D