Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

9N3 - Still going...

PSWPolo

I managed to get some quick photos of the Polo on my way back from work, now the coilovers have been fitted all round.

It's still running on the steels, as it turns out the 'pots will be a lot better with a 195/60/15 tyre on as opposed to a 195/45/15, as those just don't fill the arch well enough. I know the guy well who did my the first lot so he'll swap then no problem, it's all good.

I plan to get a beesting aerial for the car, perhaps a new splitter and fit the delocked tailgate handle. It looks like spacers will definitely be needed, any suggestions? I was also considering yellow film for the headlights, what do you reckon?

All comments and criticisms welcome.

Here's a photo of it from when I first got it to illustrate:

PoloConfidence1.jpg

And this is how it stands at the minute:

PoloPhotos17.jpg

PoloPhotos1.jpg

PoloPhotos5.jpg

PoloPhotos7.jpg

PoloPhotos9.jpg

PoloPhotos11.jpg

PoloPhotos12.jpg

PoloPhotos13.jpg

PoloPhotos18.jpg

PoloPhotos.jpg

Just an old photo of the steel wheel and arch gap for comparison:

PoloSteels.jpg

That's all for now. Will update when 'pots are on.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PSWPolo

• Ste-9n2

• andypandy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazingly, I still have this car nearly 10 years later! Not been on CP for ages, almost five years haha...

I've put the 'pots on now. I'm reasonably happy with it, needs to be lower and needs a bit of spacing. Just got some quick photos again, need a decent location really, they're not brilliant and it was raining.

PoloPhotosThurstonland7EditI.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland8EditI-1.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland9EditI.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland10EditI.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland1EditII.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland3EditI.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland6EditI.jpg

PoloPhotosThurstonland5EditI.jpg

Edited by PSWPolo
Uncle Terry

Looks cool!

Agree needs some spacing, also needs some tyre shine ;)

I still think they look better without the centre caps on too... but thats just me.

Yeah, still got the crap on from being fitted onto the wheels! I'm going to give it a quick wash tomorrow.

The centre caps just finish the wheel off for me. :D

any front end issues with lowering? mine knocks when its low going down an inch on rims from next year so it needs to go even lower! does yours knock any on the front?

No it doesn't knock as far as I'm aware mate.

I've been meaning to check the arches properly, but haven't come across it knocking when driving about.

Drives: Mk7 1.2 E 55 PS 2006. :)

No problems, I'm happy to answer questions.

What wheels are you going to be running?

jonnyblease

^^ he would probably have to kill you if he told you that :lol:

looks cool mate, get some tyre shine on them, and get them coilovers wound down mate, but looks like a really clean car mate

well done and keep it up

^^ he would probably have to kill you if he told you that :lol:

looks cool mate, get some tyre shine on them, and get them coilovers wound down mate, but looks like a really clean car mate

well done and keep it up

Ah I see, keeping it on the sly is he?

Don't worry, I'll clean it tomorrow and get them tyres shining.

Definitely needs lowering, although it looks to have a lot more arch gap on the photos of just the wheels than when I just look at it.

Thanks dude.

all i can tell you is there flat faced 16s very OEM US styley! not sure if theyl work yet so gonna keep it quite, the TTs have gone now thou thank god :thumbsup:

Your Polo is coming along nice! goood to see more of these bein done now mine was prb 1st to be done in UK really 8-) keep up the good work

all i can tell you is there flat faced 16s very OEM US styley! not sure if theyl work yet so gonna keep it quite, the TTs have gone now thou thank god :thumbsup:

Your Polo is coming along nice! goood to see more of these bein done now mine was prb 1st to be done in UK really 8-) keep up the good work

Got me thinking now, nothing's coming straight into my mind from your description, but I like the sound of them.

What wheels has it got on between the TTs and the new ones coming?

Thanks mate, yeah you pretty much set the bar.

I'm running stardard mrk 6 Polo sports wheels in 15in, I've got a set of Audi Peppers in the garage planned for winter but they need centre caps so its really not worth me buying new ones! i need to go lower for next year thats the reason I'm askin but just been on the phone to Rich at Venom Motorsport he says he has a performance anti roll bar thats got bigger hoops so think i might invest in that :-) got some plans for 09 will have to wait till Ultimate Dubs or All Types it will be done thou 8-)

Steilheckpolo

Your photos look so brilliant and wierd at the same time..

What camera is that? And did you use some photoshop filters afterwards?

It's an Olympus E-400. OlympusE-400.jpg

And yeah, once I take the photos I run them through Photoshop and do the Auto Smart Fix, Auto Contrast, Auto Levels and Auto Colour Correction to sort them. It normally does the trick, but can make them look weird sometimes.

As some of you may have seen from my topic in Polo Chat, these valve caps arrived a couple of days ago. Just some cheap plastic ones from eBay.

DiceValveCapsIIEditI.jpg

To my dismay, the guy sent me odd cap sizes. As you can see in the photo, one is a 54. 29 fits on the Polo, when I first received them I tried that one and guessed they fit.

Tried to put all four on today, and the other three don't fit.

It's all good, the seller has agreed to send me four new ones in the right size.

Edited by PSWPolo

cars looking nice mate. suprised you don't have any knocking noises though.

i've got shortened drop links on mine but no point changing yours if it doesn't knock lol

what other plans you got for it?

Yeah, not detecting any knocks.

What would be knocking if it was? Could there be any substantial damage being done?

Might do it anyway, just in case. How easy are they to get hold of, and is it a quick job?

I plan now to probably put some spacers on it aswell as take adjusters out of the back, want poke out back for definite. Could do with a new splitter for it too, just put a stubby aerial on it. Would love to put a steering wheel out of the higher specification models into it, although new it would be mega money. Like in the photo below, just not the GTI one.

VolkswagenPolo9N3InteriorI.jpg

No plans for anything engine related, as it's a 1.2 55PS so no point.

Was looking into a BlueMotion grille too but again this could be expensive. Got a really annoying dash rattle though which needs sorting. Just to the left of the glovebox, anyone experienced this before?

Edited by PSWPolo
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing spectacular, but I haven't updated in a while, got some mirror covers and will spray them soon.

PoloSpareMirrorsEditI.jpg

I'm thinking something along these lines colourwise:

PoloPhotosThurstonland7EditIIMirror.jpg

Edited by PSWPolo

i think that if you done the mirror backs that colour, they'd look uber gay with a cherry on top.

paint them silver, you'd be amazed how much better it looks compared to standard!

:thumbsup:

Forget silver, they look alright colour coded but nothing special.

I don't know why yellow really, sort of motorsport inspired despite how stupid that sounds. There isn't any other colour either apart from silver that makes sense either, this is just a bit of fun I guess.

I know my car isn't blue or a Subaru rally car but:

SubaruImprezaKenBlockI.jpg

Edited by PSWPolo
Chris_McCartney

Ooooh fluorescent yellow mirrors and yellow tinted headlights..... GT3 Cup style!! :D

Car looks fantastic mate, bit of back-to-black on them tyres and your sorted!! Top marks.