Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

9N3 - Still going...

PSWPolo

Haha cheers Chris, I did consider yellow film for the headlights aswell.

The tyres are now very black, I've been meaning to get some photos of it clean, it's harder now I work longer on weekends and of course it gets darker sooner.

PoloPhotosThurstonland7EditIIILight.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PSWPolo

• Ste-9n2

• jonnyblease

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazingly, I still have this car nearly 10 years later! Not been on CP for ages, almost five years haha...

Well been a long time since I updated, mainly because there's not been a lot to update about. I've taken the adjusters out at the back and lowered it more at the front, it's about 70/70 now.

Got a stubby aerial and that's about it as far as any modifications go. Just managed to get some decent photos as I don't work Sunday now, so thought I would post. It's filthy but it is winter after all.

P1250868.jpg

P1250878.jpg

P1250871.jpg

P1250866.jpg

P1250885.jpg

P1250876.jpg

P1250877.jpg

Edited by PSWPolo

Got some night shots down at a lovely location nearby me, a freshly built Aldi complete with car park.

I have been going a bit photo mad lately, but I thought why not while the getting is good.

Next on my list is spacers out back, as I feel the car is lacking something in the stance department. I'm also on the look out for a nice set of OEM black (painted) wheels at a low price.

PoloAldi1EditI.jpg

PoloAldi3EditI.jpg

PoloAldi6EditI.jpg

PoloAldi5EditI.jpg

PoloAldi2EditI.jpg

PoloAldiEditI.jpg

What sidelight bulbs do you recommend, indy?

I think it's the exposure on the night setting which makes them look blurry.

Matt, no offence but the wheels are really the only thing that makes it a modified 9N3.

Other than the suspension, it's just a standard 9N3.

I like the wheels. :D What in particular don't you like about them?

Edited by PSWPolo

Picked these up on eBay after probably a month of trying to find a mint set of them.

Just something a bit different for when I fancy a change.

P2080839.jpg

jonnyblease

looks lovely and clean, but i hate to be the one to say this but, needs to go lower!! or maybe a little playing with the stance to freshen it up a little!

I totally agree with you.

It is all the way down at the back and has 20mm left at the front. Perhaps smaller wheels and/or tyres could get me lower. However, when I put 45 profile 15s on the 'pots I felt they just didn't fill the arch properly and looked too small. I don't really want to end up with wheels that are too small, and as I've not seen anybody else with anything under 16s and 17s predominantly on their 9N3s I haven't got anything to go by.

I am soon to invest in some spacers for the back, needs poke.

I am looking to acquire wider wheels in the future which will also make a great improvement, for me.

Edited by PSWPolo
jonnyblease

sounds good mate, when you say it wont go any lower, do your coilovers have helper springs? because if they do you could have a go at removing them to get lower

What sidelight bulbs do you recommend?

We do the 501 Hyper Bright White LED's, they look spot on in the newer cars. Panda had some off us for his Mk6 Polo, he put a thread up somewhere about them.

They're £9.99 delivered, and not to be confused with the cheap Ebay tat that people buy, these are the real deal.

do your coilovers have helper springs? because if they do you could have a go at removing them to get lower

Nah my coilovers don't have helper springs.

They only go 90mm front and 75mm at the back concerning lowering.

Isn't Panda on 17s?

Sorry might be my warped logic but you're never going to get as low on 17s as on say 15s, 16s?

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased these off eBay the other day.

Might spray them, was thinking gloss black.

Crazy colour ideas anyone?

Or I might just wrap them in some choice tyres as they are mint already.

NewWheelsI.jpg

Purchased these off eBay the other day.

Might spray them, was thinking gloss black.

Crazy colour ideas anyone?

Or I might just wrap them in some choice tyres as they are mint already.

NewWheelsI.jpg

awsome, looking forward seeing pix of it with them on.

been considering getting a set the same for mine.

• 1 month later...

My spacers arrived on Monday at about 16:30, within half an hour I had them fitted.

They're 50mm, cost an absolute packet. I got some quick photos of it, just to give a basic idea. They aren't the best due to them being taken at night.

I will get better photos. I'm not sure about it completely, but like I say these cost that much I'm going to live with them either way.

PoloSpacerShots2.jpg

PoloSpacerShots11.jpg

PoloSpacerShots7.jpg

jonnyblease

bet that scrubs alot :lol:

looks ok, but I'm not used too seeing poke without stretch

Scrubs a bit, yeah. :D

Yeah I understand that, I do think it doesn't look right without stretch.

Not going to mess around trying to get stretch on a 6.5J rim though.

Thanks Sarah.

Guest polobhoy

should be a helpfull post mate for all the 9n polo s who haven't fitted coillies yet,love them audi wheels also think they really suit the 9n range well done

• 4 months later...

It's been a long time since I've updated.

Not much has changed, sold the Pepperpots and got these BBS wheels.

I'm still not sure of them, but I thought I'd show you guys.

I also got some pressed plates and surrounds, I'm still waiting on the rear surround from Dubmeister.

PoloBBSWheels1.jpg

PoloBBSWheels2.jpg

PoloBBSWheels3.jpg

PoloBBSWheels4.jpg

PoloBBSWheels5.jpg

PoloBBSWheels6.jpg

PoloBBSWheels7.jpg

And a bit of a moody shot for you all:

PoloBBSWheels.jpg

Edited by PSWPolo