Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

how much should it cost to get coilovers fitted?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gtipluc

• smithy_6n

• H@wK£R

• PSWPolo

if you are confident id give it a go urself, its not as hard as you might expect, i did it myself on mine, worked out fine

It is very easy, you don't have to be mechanically knowlegable (wow :shock: ) to do it yourself, just takes a bit of time, especially if you meet a bastard seized bolt :x

cheers guys alot of help, I've asked a m8 of mine to get his mechanic mate thats does all the work on his polo gti to fit them for me, and he said it will cost me 120 quid to fit them, which i thought was bit dear but i thought must be right its a m8 of a m8, the coilovers only cost me 250 and he want 120 to fit them, I'm just a bit dubious about fitting them my self as there going on an 07 plate polo gti mk7. so would rather have someone fit them. its just who to trust thats why i thought ill get my mates mechanic to do them for me. but do you think 120 quid a bit dear?

120 quid to fit them

m8 of a m8

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dear me.. £120? Does he work at a main dealer?

KwikFit type places will do it for £50 (weekend job, cash in hand as you're supplying the parts).

Honestly mate if you really think you cant do it yourself, or get a mate who can,

shop around a bit ;)

You sure kwik fit will do it for £50 that's abit cheap seeing as they charge about £40-50 to fit tyres which take about 10-20 mins.

heartagram

£50 to get coilovers fitted? That seems to cheap. Its like an hours labour and I doubt they are going to rush themselves to get it done in an hour.

£120 sound a bit more like it. Is that including tracking and camber adjustment or will you have to do that separately? Cause that'll be another £50-70.

Personally I'd not be putting £250 worth of coilovers on a mk7 GTI. Dare I say it but I think the factory suspension will offer more than cheap coilovers. Personally I'd want to go with a well known brand like HnR of KW. But horses for courses.

£50 to get coilovers fitted? That seems to cheap. Its like an hours labour and I doubt they are going to rush themselves to get it done in an hour.

£120 sound a bit more like it. Is that including tracking and camber adjustment or will you have to do that separately? Cause that'll be another £50-70.

Personally I'd not be putting £250 worth of coilovers on a mk7 GTI. Dare I say it but I think the factory suspension will offer more than cheap coilovers. Personally I'd want to go with a well known brand like HnR of KW. But horses for courses.

thats without tracking and that

i agree with heartagram on this one. you get what you pay for at the end of the day. but each to their own.

120 sounds about right to me aswell.

the coilovers I've got are ta technix which a few people seem to have on there polos, neil with the silver 56 reg gti has them on and from what i can gather they are quite good, even though they only cost me £250, if there no good ill swap them and get some better ones just wanted it lowering so i can gte my wheels on asap when i buy them, thats why i got the cheap coilovers. does anyone know about these coilovers if so what do you think of them? cheers

I've had loads different quotes.

£25 a side from one garage

Another one wants £30 for the rears and £50 for the fronts

The garage down the road said he'd fit them for £50-£60

Tyrepsot said they wouldnt fit coilies lol

(non of those include tracking, just fitting the coilies)

Edited by VeeDub9n

Without tracking, I've been quoted by small garages, KwikFit and Tyresales, £20-25 a side.

Though as i said, the fast fit places you'll need to go on weekends and they dont like fitting customer supplied parts.

Planet Wheels :roll: near me, said it'd be 5-6 hours work, to fit a suspension kit.. :retard:

Edit: this is the same place, that my mate went to to ask of they'd refurb his Wolfrace Octanes with a red centre, and they told him they cant paint ''just the centres and not the rim''..

I asked for spigot rings for my Alleycats.. 'bring them in and i'll measure some up' said the guy, went and got them, the woman on the counter says ''we dont do them for wheels that small!' in a voice as if i was retarded.

Also.. i bought 12 wobble bolts and they gave me all mixed up thread pitches, so only half of them fitted.

End rant. Google them. They suck.

Edited by smithy_6n

I contacted Awesome and it was over £200 to fit coilovers all round. :lol:

I've just fitted AP Coilovers to mine, and it's a 1.2. Can't knock them, ride quality is sound and handling is now a lot sportier.

I would say don't be put off doing it yourself if you think you're confident enough to do it, just because it's a 2007 GTI doesn't mean you can't do it.

i could have ago my self i suppose but I'm not really confident in this field, all though people say its easy enough, id rather leave to someone who knows what they are doing. also I've had to buy new drop links for my car 2 as the kit didnt come with them, whihc cost me £70 quid so now the kits cost nearly as much as a better brand one, unsure what to do with these coilovers. the lad who has put the custom build in his mk 7 gti has got these coilovers on his car, wouldnt mind asking him how they are but he never seems to get intouch because i asked him about soemthing else a few weeks ago. unsure what to do

the lad who has put the custom build in his mk 7 gti has got these coilovers on his car, wouldnt mind asking him how they are but he never seems to get intouch because i asked him about soemthing else a few weeks ago.

I've been in touch with him frequently about coilvers and stuff, he's sound and will get back to you, don't expect him to reply right away though people do have lives and things to do.

Guest alex199

do it yourself its soo easy they just go back on the way they came off

4 bolts at the back and 8 at the front

all you need is some axle stands, a trolley jack and some spanners

I've have the opotunity to send my ta tecknix coilovers back and get a full refund, what does everyone reckon? should i, or should i get them on and see what they like? cheers

Honestly I would probably opt for a more expensive set, but if all you want is cheap lowering stick with the TA Technix.

I can't say I've tried them, but Weitec and Supersport both offer coilovers at about the middle ground price of £400, if you can afford them.

polochris20

Its less than an hour. Rusty bolts dont think so its not a mk3 its a mk7 dealing with new parts. Honestly get a haynes manual and do it yourself. You only need basic tools. Socket Set/Deep ring spanners/Allen key Set maybe some plyers to get clips of for wiring.