azzajones

Gti Block And 16v Head Information Needed?

Guest johnbrennan

i just need to order a water pump cv joint and a set of head studs. are you going to run yours off 1.4 injection, i wwas just gonna keep the same inlet and injectors but i dunno if it will work

azzajones

any progress..il be doing this but I'm gona be running a corado gearbox.

Guest johnbrennan

just waiting on the headstuds. i was sent out the wrong ones last week,they need to be M11* 1.5 mm pitch and at least 145mm long they sent me out these wee wanky headstuds turned out they had clicked on part not specified. aye i reckon my gearbox wont last long. are the lupo gti 6 speed boxs any use? does the corrado box fit or what way do you have to fabricate mounts or anything?

azzajones

not sure about 6 speed lupo box but the corrado mte fit with modifications..i think the lupo 5 speed boxs fit

Guest johnbrennan

yea the 6n2 polo gti box fits on I'm using my 1.4 gearbox and fly wheel, are you planning on using standard 1.4 injection?

azzajones

not sure might go bigger or bike carbs..

mitch-unit21

6 speed box from lupo will only fit a lupo gti block.

mines up and running

1600 gti polo block 1400 afh head ported polished schrick cams sorg manifold and jenvey tb's on omex management, i used all the afh belt tensioners and water pump and it's fast. civic type r territory :-)

Nick_S

Goes well, good to see it up and running Mitch :biggrin:

Never realised that AFH head i sold you had been flowed :lol:

Guest johnbrennan

i torqued my head down earlier and tappets in and oiled. do the cams make much of a diff mine are just standard 1.4 16 cams and i was hoping it would run ok on standard managment. how much would a decent set of throttlebodies be?

mitch-unit21

i bought schrick cams but had to run on the std ones up until yesterday , i'm installing the cams after i filed the head as the cam's foul the casing.

my tb's came in at 900 all in with inlet manifold ecu and harness and mapping 1620

Guest johnbrennan

thats not bad i think il mabe just try and use lupo gti injectors and try and get the car mapped. should hopefully have the engine in shortly, gona get my rocker cover air brushed with DFR engineering :) . were did you get the shrink cams?

post-16820-1245238096.jpg

Edited by johnbrennan

mitch-unit21

injectors wont do any difference tbh i'm on omex management and my tb's have std afh injectors and are well up for it i'm reckoning i could be close to 160 bhp or there abouts and no issues.

Guest johnbrennan

yea it it should be fine i just have to drill out my 1.4 idler pulley to fit the 1.6 bolt so i can get the engine timmed

Guest johnbrennan

got the car started. runs for about a minute then cuts out unless reved also the oil light comes on after a good while then comes off and on then off just really messes about so i have the sump off, cleaned the sump and the oil pick up pipe and i need to check the oil pressure. i haven't made use of the oil water cooler yet but i doubt that it will have a major effect on the oil prssure

loopypolo
y not try running the gti cams? try g40 injectors.

Gti has varable valve timing toatally different

Guest johnbrennan

I'm using full 1.4 head cams inlet exhaust everything bar the block which is 1.6 avy block

fane87

Hello! Engine block from vw golf mk4 is the same like avy/arc?