jordan eff

mk4 Build….Polo 6n3

jordan eff

replacing the mk5 tailgate handle with the new style mk6 handle with the new style 3D badge

495a7389.jpg

Le catweasel
1996-2000_Volkswagen_Polo_(A03)_5-door_h

AS if this came out the factory looking like this^^ hahahaha. Jesus dude.

It didnt its a 3 door....

Looking spot on dude 8-)

codzilla

my reference was to a 3 door. my point was pritty simple.

Euro polo

novice question, but jordan i've smoothed and primered my front and back 16v bumpers, and want to know how to flatten the primer before colour because i sanded them both up to 400 before primering. just wanted to know step by step how to get the best finish??

all help would be much appreciated.

jordan eff

I'll pm you in the morning with a step by step if thats ok

Tech-Ho
I'll pm you in the morning with a step by step if thats ok

Will you be able to send me one as to how you did your rear bumper fella? really interested in doing it but with a twist.. .

jordan eff

got the whole car stripped apart from the doors this week, been put behind a little bit after having quite a big job in doing a mk2 rallye

thought while its stripped i'll get the front panel and crash bar cleaned and painted just so it goes with the rest of the car

9b8e3abd.jpg

alos finally managed to get the wiring for the gti xenons sorted, getting the gti xenons to work on a 6n wasn't sd dimple as I hoped but its done now, excuse the sidelight bulbs, they will get changed

c101c416.jpg

doyler

Top works has always I have all these probs to look forward till lol unless you wanta help me out a bit Lol ? ? ? ;)

jordan eff

in the end I just found a 6n2 gti being scrapped, and took the wiring for the headlights and joined each wire individually to the 6n wiring, took a few hours but everything work and now that I can level them myself It savaed alot of time to get the self levveling to work

doyler
in the end I just found a 6n2 gti being scrapped, and took the wiring for the headlights and joined each wire individually to the 6n wiring, took a few hours but everything work and now that I can level them myself It savaed alot of time to get the self levveling to work

Yeah have the loom for the gti was thinkin I would need it to make things easier thanks for the help buddy you get arch fixed yet ??? And really cant wait till see these wheels

When do we get to see them lol ???

jordan eff

not yet i've not started much of the bodywork because we were working on getting a rallye done

see it all finished at UD, you'll find it on the DetailedUK stand

doyler
not yet i've not started much of the bodywork because we were working on getting a rallye done

see it all finished at UD, you'll find it on the DetailedUK stand

Hopfully I will get to see it in person that's if get my car finished in time I have loadzzz do to lol

You doing much changes to the bodywork ???

jordan eff

full cars getting a respray, few new additions here and there, some bits to the engine bay and a few interior updates and all the glass being renewed

prob by the end of next year i'll break and sell up, not much I can do after this other than doing an engine transplant

doyler
full cars getting a respray, few new additions here and there, some bits to the engine bay and a few interior updates and all the glass being renewed

prob by the end of next year i'll break and sell up, not much I can do after this other than doing an engine transplant

Will be interesting to c what you have changed etc deafo can't wait to see the end result

jordan eff

made a bit of progress with this last couple days, fair bit of cutting and welding and a new wheel arch from a b5 audi a4 later and got the rear wheels fitting

8j with 18mm adaptors and 165/50/15 bridgestones

aa0e1410-1.jpg

misses the arch buy just over 1mm, or in scottish terms " a baw hair "

few last bits to do then we can get the rest of the car in primer

codzilla

Looking smart dude!

louislewin

Ooo la la <3 :D

jordan eff

thanks

bit more work done today, thats all the welding done now just to finish it and get it in primer for ext week

jordan eff

quite happy now with how the arch lines up with the wheel

daf25c57-1.jpg

went in this morning and prepped the wings, sills and quarter panels

so decided the extend the rear quarter panel sections were the lights sit, with these being the newer 6n2 lights they overhang the quarter panel so you see a shadow under the light, this reeeeaaaalllly annoyed me for ages decided to cut them and weld in a new section, it was extended before but just didnt sit completely flush so I had to fix it

new section is about 3/4 inch bigger than the original panel but sits a million times better now

new section with a light skim to get the shape

6f5bfb1f.jpg

light fitted, fits edge to edge perfect

6fa555b0.jpg

just needs another skim and tide up the inner edge and should be ready to prime

doyler
made a bit of progress with this last couple days, fair bit of cutting and welding and a new wheel arch from a b5 audi a4 later and got the rear wheels fitting

Is the Audi arches for your car ???

Edited by doyler

VW-Eddy

wow nice :shock: more stance pics please... :D

Edited by VW-Eddy

jordan eff

yip b5 A4 arch was welded into the arch to fit the wheels

i'll get more pics when theres more progress, making a few changes to a few bits here and there

erixtar1992

this is really nice mate, top work. id love a 6n if it looked like this

jordan eff

just a small update

bought a set of 6n2 stubbie mirrors off a member on here

stripped them and sent out the base plates to get carbon skinned so they will be back next week

cadd6ccb.jpg

the paint on the covers was a bit worse for wear

4fda4e56.jpg

so stripped them back to plastic, re smoothed them and primed them

a1e3a77d.jpg

34c8a5ca.jpg

BigSexyRob

The mirror bases been wrapped or made in carbon?