Kuszpit

CHANGE CHANGE CHAAAAAAAAANGE :D

Kuszpit

The colour i used, that i had layin around in my paint shed was Toyota super red. Thats what colour mine is but it was just normal rattle cans as it wasn't a big enough job to use my air guns for it. i imagine it can be done in any colour and type of paint. I used (gloss red) for the roof and (satin black) for the side pillars after i primed them.

hope this helps.:)

Kuszpit :)

mk2_coupeS
The colour i used, that i had layin around in my paint shed was Toyota super red. Thats what colour mine is but it was just normal rattle cans as it wasn't a big enough job to use my air guns for it. i imagine it can be done in any colour and type of paint. I used (gloss red) for the roof and (satin black) for the side pillars after i primed them.

i used red primer for the plastic trims in the interior and i was wondering if metalic spray paint will do it in black look mint likes when finished

http://www.fkindubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=13...7&start=100 my forum check it out :D

Kuszpit

i used red primer for the plastic trims in the interior and i was wondering if metalic spray paint will do it in black look mint likes when finished

http://www.fkindubs.com/viewtopic.php?f=13...7&start=100 my forum check it out :D

Yeh should work. i am still queryin if the plastic is polipropaline which seeps out an oil substance from the plastic. but seems to have worked.hopefullyit stays this way.

Nice little forum just waiting till i get accepted as i have just registered.

Kuszpit. :)

mk2_coupeS

Yeh should work. i am still queryin if the plastic is polipropaline which seeps out an oil substance from the plastic. but seems to have worked.hopefullyit stays this way.

gdgd stuff whats you are username??

Kuszpit

gdgd stuff whats you are username??

Just "Kuszpit" same as this one. Last name so wont forget it lol like i have done with other usernames. :)

mk2_coupeS

Just "Kuszpit" same as this one. Last name so wont forget it lol like i have done with other usernames. :)

they accepted you yet lol

check out my wee threat on here its half way down the photo&video gallery page 1 marked as ma mk4

Kuszpit

they accepted you yet lol

check out my wee threat on here its half way down the photo&video gallery page 1 marked as ma mk4

Nope not yet probly snoozing. I will check out your thread when they activate it. :)

Luke Kuszpit.

Kuszpit

I have started work on my front bumper. Started smoothing it i will upload pics in a bit. :)

racheyy
my forum check it out :D

LOL. not your forum numb nut! why do you type proper on here and not on fk? :?

and kuszpit you have a pretty sweet car! :thumbsup:

Kuszpit

Hi all,

I removed my bumper due to the scraps along the side where the dent in the wing was to find the paint was cracking too. I thought to my self if i had to fix that and paint it i may aswell start smoothing so i can spray the whole thing at once.

I desided to smooth the upper grilles and the towing eye cover too. I never done the usually plastic weld as i dont know how and more experienced with fibre glass and body filler, So heres how i got on so far.

The stages i went through was i left in the grilles the fibreglassed them and then filled,sanded,filled sanded and then i primered to see if there was imperfections and then sorted them and then sanded smooth.

this is it so far.

Image307.jpg

Image308.jpg

Image311.jpg

Image310.jpg

Image312.jpg

Image321.jpg

Image318.jpg

Image324.jpg

Image326.jpg

Image325-1.jpg

I still have some smoothing to do then prime it then on with the Black magic pearl.

hope you's like it.

Can any of you guys tell i am ment to be looking for a job just after leaving school.(That hasn't started) :p The dubbin's more important. :D

Dexy_

Looks good m8 nice one, any chance u could tell me how u go about doing something like this? what materials you used etc, would be apreciated. cheers :)

Kuszpit
Looks good m8 nice one, any chance u could tell me how u go about doing something like this? what materials you used etc, would be apreciated. cheers :)

Yeh no problem mate.

Materials i used: Fibre glass filler which you could get from halfords (Mines in bulk as my auntys a trader)

Body filler, also could be purchased from halfords.

Different grades of sanding blocks or sand paper.

Primer

Paint colour of your car.

People normally plastic weld these to smooth but i desided not too.

First i removed the bumper

Then i sanded the whole thing with some sanding blocks.

I then removed all the grilles and put them to the side other than the two i was smoothing. i filled them with the fibre glass to the top when they were out of the bumper.

I then put them in the bumper then smoothed the caps with the same stuff.

Once it had set i gave it a light sand then filled over with body filler.

I kept sanding and filling, then gave a light coat of primer which shows up blemishes.

I sorted them and kept repeating the progress till smooth.

Today i gave a light coat of primer and will finish it tomorrow till i get my paint for my air guns etc.

Hope this helps :)

higgo

^^^ your a helpful dude, i think you have to get rid of the plate recess tho, as i think if your gonna do it, do it properly, or leave it standard??

my opinion though, nice work so far i really like it

Kuszpit
^^^ your a helpful dude, i think you have to get rid of the plate recess tho, as i think if your gonna do it, do it properly, or leave it standard??

Thanks man, TBH i have been thinking about it mate :) might take time but thats what i have alot of at the moment especialy when i am not even gona be able to frive it till am 17 at then end of August :) cant wait. :D

Dexy_

Yeh no problem mate.

Materials i used: Fibre glass filler which you could get from halfords (Mines in bulk as my auntys a trader)

Primer

I then removed all the grilles and put them to the side other than the two i was smoothing. i filled them with the fibre glass to the top when they were out of the bumper.

I kept sanding and filling, then gave a light coat of primer which shows up blemishes.

Today i gave a light coat of primer and will finish it tomorrow till i get my paint for my air guns etc.

helps alot cheers :) is this method just as good as "plastic welding" ? and will it need maintaining in the future? cheers.

Kuszpit

Yeh no problem mate.

Primer

helps alot cheers :) is this method just as good as "plastic welding" ? and will it need maintaining in the future? cheers.

thats good, Well this should hold up just as well. depends on if you hit somthing. i think the plastic weld will be stronger as this may crack if you hit something. but it should hold up well. :)

higgo

Thanks man, TBH i have been thinking about it mate :) might take time but thats what i have alot of at the moment especialy when i am not even gona be able to frive it till am 17 at then end of August :) cant wait. :D

wow really, you have skills young man, i think you have done a top job there and you will love driving the car they are soo much fun to drive

Kuszpit

wow really, you have skills young man, i think you have done a top job there and you will love driving the car they are soo much fun to drive

Thanks mate. didn't you have a silver one. If so i loved it was one of my favourites and your mates black one.I Think.

Yeh cant wait to drive it properly. Ambishon is to get it to handle like its on rails. Needs coilovers,strut braces etc.

Might pic up some bargains at gti international this month. :)

Sentral

Wicked mate, that's how exactly I did mine! I only used a light skim of filler after smooth though to reduce chances of cracking.

I'll be spraying mine in primer tomorrow I think, need to get pics up!

btw how did you get the splitter off?

Edited by Sentral

Kuszpit
Wicked mate, that's how exactly I did mine! I only used a light skim of filler after smooth though to reduce chances of cracking.

I'll be spraying mine in primer tomorrow I think, need to get pics up!

btw how did you get the splitter off?

NIce one mate. I put a fair bit of filler on but then sanded it off. it was only to make sure it wasn't raised out. Yeh you should get pics up.

The splitter comes off if you look at the bumper from behind then you will see all the little clips. simply get a flat screw driver and push them to unclip then pull off. Start on the corners as it is easier.

Kuszpit

HI all,

I managed to prime my bumper today ready for the final paint.

Image331.jpg

Image332.jpg

also gave the car a service that was well needed. Check out what it looked like with the old service bits. Poor car. :(

oil was discusting

Image336.jpg

and as for the spark plugs and air filter :(

Image335.jpg

Image334.jpg

i am surprised it even ran.

all fixed now though.

bigjon

I'm well impressed mate you have some lovely touches there and you seem so expirianced already and your only 16!

good luck mate!

Jon

higgo

btw mate yeh i did have a silver one and my mate jack had the black one lol

Kuszpit
btw mate yeh i did have a silver one and my mate jack had the black one lol

Am still looking for that cable to upload pics of my new bits etc.

Yeh it was ace so was you are mates. where did u get you are 6n2 gti splitter and how did you fit it. becoz thats next on my list and after that is vr6 interior then coilies and then ats cups.lol i have till august 25th to get this done as this is the day i turn 17. might wait till i pass my test then get my ats cups as money might be tight.