Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

one and only g40 genesis

CHRIS2911

here is a pic wiil get some more in the morning

post-12552-1271105941.jpg

post-12552-1281124420.jpg

post-12552-1281124434.jpg

post-12552-1281124446.jpg

post-12552-1281124458.jpg

post-12552-1281124565.jpg

Edited by CHRIS2911
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CHRIS2911

• panda

• andypandy

• robdaviesss

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do still have car its parked in my garage gathering dust not restored yet due to family issues

Amazing history to this car, nice one on getting it!

Thanks, yeah i did try reg checking it. Leaves me thinking it's still parked up in his garage or exported maybe ?

Posted Images

grungeisdead

yay original poiple gfottys ftw

genesis the band for the absolute lose mind

Edited by grungeisdead

VERY few people will know how rare this car is.

I'll fill them in a little bit.

This car is the ONLY RHD Polo G40 Genesis.

"In 1992 VW released a limited number of special edition Polos, with special trim and a G40 engine and suspension. The "Genesis" G40 was made to special order only. A single right hand drive example found its way to the UK. This one-off model was a competition prize when the VW-sponsored Genesis tour reached its UK leg."

wow! probably a good idea not many people know its that rare otherwise it would be prone to pinching... then again it would be bleedin obvious if you saw someone driving around in it :p

mental! i knew it was rare but i didn't realise there was only one RHD one in the UK! :o

Edited by coreymk3

personally i'd be ringing up the VW museum in germany, they recently offered £100k for a car given away in a similar manner ;)

dbstreetfighter

what do you reckon this ones worth then panda? say its immaculate and someone advertised it on here?

just out of interest, cheers matey

Everything's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

The VW museum were willing to pay £100k for a new beetle cabby (Plus a standard beetle cabby) just because it was given away by Paul McCartney.

dbstreetfighter
Everything's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

The VW museum were willing to pay £100k for a new beetle cabby (Plus a standard beetle cabby) just because it was given away by Paul McCartney.

true true,

haha if it was mine i'd offer some famous bugger a couple of grand to do the same as to maximise its value lol.

i quite like the colour did VW ever make the mk3 in this shade?

VERY few people will know how rare this car is.

I'll fill them in a little bit.

This car is the ONLY RHD Polo G40 Genesis.

"In 1992 VW released a limited number of special edition Polos, with special trim and a G40 engine and suspension. The "Genesis" G40 was made to special order only. A single right hand drive example found its way to the UK. This one-off model was a competition prize when the VW-sponsored Genesis tour reached its UK leg."

Howleey fhack! :o

andypandy
mental! i knew it was rare but i didn't realise there was only one RHD one in the UK! :o

no no. this is the only RHD Genesis G40 in the WORLD.... ever.

i have to say I've seen some rare cars in my time but this tops the list

i find that very hard to belive?! to make a production car they have to make a certain numbers? they made a limited amount!

"A single right hand drive example found its way to the UK"

Meaning there are more than one but only one found it's way to the U.K!

"A single right hand drive example found its way to the UK"

Meaning there are more than one but only one found it's way to the U.K!

i thought so

"This one-off model was a competition prize when the VW-sponsored Genesis tour reached its UK leg."

It also says this though, so i'm guessing yeah it is the only one in the world.

"This one-off model was a competition prize when the VW-sponsored Genesis tour reached its UK leg."

It also says this though, so i'm guessing yeah it is the only one in the world.

Yep that confused me because it makes it seem that they made one right hand model for the U.K. prize.

CHRIS2911

I've spoke to the vw muesium and there sending me a conformation cetificate saying its car one 0f one.

I've also emailed the factory in spain who say it was the one and only righthand drive car made who miss collins won

from eastboure in the genesis tour competion in 1992 the rest of the cars were left hand drive.